Thursday, July 11, 2019

Baseball

My great nephew was on the baseball team this year so I thought I would go with that theme for his card today. I was given this baseball & mitt stamp and there is no name on it, colored them with markers and cut them out, wanted something small in the other corners to kind of balance it off so I went with some eyelets, haven't used them in some time. The sentiment would not stamp fully for me but after sitting back and deciding what to do I thought well it looks a little grungy and we know that playing ball you can get a bit dirty so I just kept it that way.

Since there was the look of stitching along the other papers and on the mitt I decided to add some faux stitching around the bottom piece.



 Baseball & Mitt and Birthday sentiment stamps - Unknown, colored with markers
October Afternoon - campfire papers
Spellbinders - Labels Eight die
Eyelets
Faux stitching on bottom piece of paper

Wow we had heat index's of 105 yesterday, I had a hard time breathing, thankfully it isn't supposed to be as humid today, hopefully I can get out there and get some weeding done in my garden :)

Hope you all are well, thanks so much for stopping by today,

Connie

14 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Great card for a boy and I love all the little details - faux stitching, tiny mitts, and that "grungy" sentiment!! Perfect!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Such a cute card. I like how you balanced using grommets. The stitching is great too!

Donna Ellis said...

Fantastic baseball theme card, Connie. The grid marks on both pattern papers is perfect for this creation! hugs, de

Louca por porcelana said...

So neat,he will love it!Hugs,dear Connie!

aussie aNNie said...

lovely male card x

Debbie said...

this card is perfect for your great nephew, i really like the colorful "stars" in the background paper!!

it has not been that hot here yet, 90's, humid, but not oppressive!! be careful out there girlfriend, you are my favorite card maker!!!

Tanza Erlambang said...

yes, we in Louisiana got F 105 degree too...
very hot summer....

fantastic card...….

# take care

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is fun! I do like the block lettering in that sentiment.

April said...

Such a neat boy's card! Great job!

Lowcarb team member said...

Looks a great baseball theme card …

Hope it cools down for you 105 is HOT!

All the best Jan

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Connie, yes grunge greetings are in definitely, well done, think the black of the eyelets are balanced well too by faux stitching, great card.
Thanks for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Donna Phelan said...

All Star Card! You hit it right out of the park! :)

Leslie Miller said...

Super cute for your baseball-playing great nephew! Perfect papers and I love how you added the faux stitching. The sentiment does look like maybe it's supposed to be grungy. I wouldn't change a thing!

Janice said...

Super card for your great nephew. I love the papers and especially like the sentiment on the die cut!