Sunday, February 17, 2013

Heat Embossing Metal Challenge

This is my second post today, scroll down for my card for the ODBD animal challenge.

Ivanka had a challenge on her blog for using embossing powders on metal, and I just loved the look I knew I had to give it a try on a frame I had picked up quite some time ago and just never used.  You only have until midnight tonight to do the challenge, you can find out all the details HERE on her blog.

I went looking through my embossing powders and I had black, silver, gold, bronze and clear, and only one real color that I had left over from doing my daughters wedding invitations, it just so happens I think it is the same color that Ivanka used on her card.

Here is what my frame looked like before:



And here it is on the card:



K&co. Life's Journey Metal art (frame)
Zing -- Embossing powder, leaf color
$ store stamp, colored with Distress  and copics markers
Basic Grey-- Sugar Rush paper (top)
Melissa Frances -- Robin paper
Fiskars--  Border punch
Spool O' Ribbon-- Michaels store

Is anyone else into Downton Abbey?  I am so bummed this is the final one tonight for this season, I think this was the best one yet.

Thanks so much for stopping by,
Connie

4 comments:

Ivanka said...

Connie, your card is beauitiful! I love that frame and I love that color, so striking! Thanks so much for taking the challenge!!

Stephanie said...

Stunning! How creative and clever. And the colors are just beautiful :)

Hugs to you,
Stephanie

Linda D said...

Connie, both cards are beautifully done... I really enjoy your art.

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

love it - I must have some metal frames around here to try that on but I sure don't have that pretty color of embossing powder.

Barb Housner