Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Card for Friend

Cheryl posted on her blog about sending a hand written note to a friend, which she was inspired by Kelly-Anne and she shares a link on her blog HERE . Of course the first person that came to mind was Cheryl, and I can't send a hand written note without sending a card right :)

I get so many positive and wonderful encouragement comments on my blog, but Cheryl comes to mind because you can just feel the Love of God pouring out from her whenever she comments on anyone's blog (you know what I mean if you are blessed to have her drop by your blog) or in her posts.  Not only does she share such lovely creations, but she has a wonderful way with words and shares her love for Christ in a beautiful way also, the Holy Spirit is shining through this woman and I just needed to send her a note expressing that to her.  If you want to see some lovely cards and be lifted up and go away with a smile visit her blog.

I had to make a bigger card this time to accommodate the size of this die and when I was putting it all together I realized it wasn't quite big enough to fit after all, but it gave me some room to add the ribbon which I dyed with distress inks.  The flowers have a shimmer to them and that is because I colored them with Inka Gold, here is a You tube video showing you what it is just in case you haven't heard about it.  I bought it on our way home from our trip we stopped into a scrapbook store that was along the highway and she had a big assortment of them, I only bought one color just to try them and it works very nicely.  She mentioned in her video that you can use your fingers but I have heard other places that the oils on your fingers will contaminate the paints and make them go bad so please use an applicator they are too expensive to have go bad on you.


Heartfelt creations -- Delicate Asters, centers were colored w/markers with added Diamond Stickles to them, leaves colored w/markers
Spellbinders -- Flower Pots, Labels Twenty and Fancy Lattice dies
Viva, Inka Gold -- Apricot
Ribbon- Dyed with Distress ink
I just realized I forgot to write down the paper I used.

Now it is your turn, I know if you are like me you are so busy making cards for Birthdays and other occasions that come up that you don't have time to just send a card to brighten someone's day or to let them know how much they mean to you, but I encourage you to do so, Thanksgiving is coming and that would be the perfect time to send a card or hand written letter to let someone know that you are thankful they are in your life.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and the encouragement and just sharing of life you do with me,

Connie

11 comments:

Debbie said...

it is so nice when you can feel the love in a comment!! i often feel it in the comments you leave for me!! handwritten notes, snail mail, there is nothing quite like it!! i just sent a note to a blogging friend who says she gets nothing but junk mail and bills. it is wonderful to see something handwritten in the box!!!

Christine said...

Isn't it wonderful that bloggers from all around the world can become special friends? Your card is a beauty, so delicate and lovely!
You are a great blogging friend!

Anonymous said...

Great minds think alike! I shared another card and wrote about sending out cards to each other too. Love how you colored the asters. Very pretty!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah love this post .. and you are so very right Connie, some of the folk in blogland really cheer our hears so dont they??
Was very interested to read about the Inca gold as have just come home with some few days back .. have wanted to try it for ages but always been out of my pocket price.
A lovely card .. great bow addition. Will save the video for inspiration and thanks for tip re using finger.
Makes sense.
Thanks so much for popping over.
Shaz in Oz.x

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

Your cards are always so pretty. My girls have pen pals still and they love snail mail. I need to take time and do some card sending myself. Thanks for the inspiration.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, yes, Cheryl is a lovely person all the way through and I love her to pieces. She will so enjoy receiving this beautiful card, Connie, and I'm happy to read this post which encourages sending cards and letters. I send out LOTS of cards. I'll be posting about this shortly, as well. I fear too many cards get put away in boxes and never sent. Your pot of flowers and framed lattice are pretty and cheery and are going to give Cheryl a nice big smile and that's a wonderful thing!

Oliva Ohlson said...

Your card turned out so beautiful Connie! The shimmer on the flowers makes them look so pretty and pop out even more, and the addition of the ribbon simply finishes off your gorgeous card!
Thank you for the video tutorial link and the tip on the ink.

Daniela said...

It's such a wonderful thing that bloggers who have never met themselves become friends, I love this and I love the way you thank you one another, you're so tender !
Lovely as usual your special card, congrats on your fancy and your ability and
thank you for sharing this so beautiful post.
With gratitude and love
Dany

handmade by amalia said...

Your friend is sure to treasure this card, it is as beautiful as the thought behind it.
Amalia
xo

Linda Carson said...

Cheryl really does have a heart of gold! She will absolutely love this beauty and especially the reason it is sent! Love the layers, the textures and esp. design! Exceptional!


CherylQuilts said...

Oh, sweet Connie, you are so precious in honoring me in your blog post! Thank you...it's quite humbling. And I absolutely love my card and can say that it's truly far more beautiful in real life (as most are). And I loved the precious note inside and your additional letter...which will be cherished for a long time, my friend! You are such a blessing to me and so many others! Hugs and love, dear friend!