Thursday, October 8, 2015

Fall Leaves and More Mountains

I made this card for one of my hubby's coworkers that I have also became good friends with. She loves dogs and I usually do something with a dog theme or flowers but she was just talking about getting her fall decorations out and I thought I could make a fall theme card she could display with her decorations.


I inked up the embossing folder and then ran it through my cuttlebug to get the colored background, everything else is dies that I inked through.

Spellbinders -- Fall Foliage, Romantic Rectangles and Cherry blossom (branch) dies
Stamp on it -- sentiment sticker
Wink of Luna -- Gold (on sentiment sticker)
Wink of Stella -- Clear glitter pen on leaves and pinecone

I was going through my pictures again and saw these last ones that were taken on the day of the Grand Tetons but I am not sure if they were in the park or on our drive out, but I just loved the look of the clouds on the mountains so I thought I would share them.




Lastly one of the pullovers that was looking over the river, there was a wall made out of stone that I sat on just to soak everything up while hubby was taking picture of his own and he came to sit beside me and we were so happy that I thought this was a great moment to capture on camera, so this selfie was taken with my phone.  It would have been neat if I captured a better reflection in our glasses, LOL! But I will remember this moment for always :)  Thanks for sharing my trip with me.


Wow another one of those weeks that has really flown by, I hope you all are enjoying our fall weather.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and your sweet comments I do appreciate that you let me know you stopped by,

Connie

11 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Love your pretty fall card! The inked embossing folder adds such a nice effect! I need to remember to do that more often!!
Lovely pictures of the mountains as well -- looks so peaceful and relaxing!

AppleApricot Wen said...

A very beautiful fall card Connie, I love it! And my goodness how magnificent is the Grand Teton... wow!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Connie, what a beautiful fall card! I love the autumn collage and how you've sponged them in the die, and the background is gorgeous! Your friend is going to love it with such a real fall feel to it! And oh my, the photos of the Grand Tetons are amazing! It's just another reminder of the beauty God has created for us to enjoy here on earth. Can you imagine what heaven will be like? And I just love your selfie of you and DH!!! So sweet! I've saved it along with my other photos of blogging and stamping friends for whom I pray. Thanks for sharing today, sweet friend! Hugs!

Debbie said...

this card will look so pretty displayed on a table throughout fall!!

and the Grand Teton....wow, wow, wow, what a gorgeous place!!! nice pic of you!!!!

Poppy said...

A very pretty card for your new friend, Connie. I'm certain she will love it. Your sefie with your hubby is adorable; you two make such a cute couple!

Happy weekend!

Poppy

Daniela said...

I'm far too sure that your new friend will be conquered by your art, dearie and about the photographs you're going on posting , they're so gorgeous and you and your hubby are such a lovely couple !
Thank you once more for another beautiful post, precious Connie, have a great end of the week.
With love
Dany

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Connie, your card is lovely and your new friend is going to love it.
Your trip pics have been so wonderful to see and you and your hubby are a beautiful couple. Love the selfie.
Have a nice weekend. xo

Leslie Miller said...

Your friend will definitely want to display your card with her fall decorations. It looks like a little piece of art! I have really enjoyed your Tetons photos, and I'm not surprised you took so many of them. In Bryce Canyon I couldn't take two steps without seeing another photo to take, so I understand. Your selfie was a fabulous finish. You do look happy. I can just feel how wonderful and relaxing your trip was.

Oliva Ohlson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Oliva Ohlson said...

Your pictures of the Tetons want to make me go back and see them again. Love the pict of you and your Hubby!!!

Your fall card is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty Fall card Connie. Love the dry embossed and inked background. Looks neat. The leaves are lovely. What a handsome couple. :)