Saturday, March 18, 2017

Inking embossing folders

One of the girls in my stamping group challenged us to inking our embossing folders by swiping our inks across the folder and using a few different colors, Here is a video she shared with us.

I used 3 different colors of Distress ink in the cube size across the embossing folder on each of my cards, I wrote all the colors of ink I used on a piece of paper, well I set everything aside because the next day I needed to make some other cards and when I went back to working on these I had lost the paper I wrote all the colors I used, how does this stuff just get up and walk out of the room, I am sure I will come across it someday and wonder what all that meant.



I took a closer picture, wasn't sure if you could see the different colors that were used very well in the over all picture of the card. I cut the branch so that it would fit better on the card.



Crafters companion-- woodland embossing folder
Recolletcions -- owl stamp
Memory Box -- Woodland branch die
Making memories -- woven labels


Here is my second card, I think you can see the colors a little better on this one.  The stamp is one I had just bought at my stamp stores recent garage sale, people were getting rid of spring stamps so you will be seeing a few of them.  I accidently stamped it in blue, then I stamped it again in black and even using my MISTI, I must have moved it a little bit, I tried to find markers that would kind of match the colors of the ink I used for the background.


Holly Berry House stamp
Darcie -- Doily lace Embossing folder
SRM sticker --  thinking of you sentiment set
sequins

Awww the day warmed up and the sun is shinning, spring may be on it's way once again :)  Hope it stays this time.
Wishing you all a wonderful remainder of the weekend!

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by,

Connie

Holly Berry House stamp-- Daffodil, coloace Frame embossing folder
SRM sticker -- thinking of you sentiment
Sequins

18 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Connie, what a fantastic technique! I have never seen it before and will visit the video you referred to. The colors in your wood grain are beautifully woodsy. Your darling little owl looks very content and happy! Beautifully colored flower in your second sample, with the lovely, soft pastel color combination. Thanks for today's inspiration! Now I am off the view the video. Thanks again! XOXO

Lowcarb team member said...

They are both lovely cards Connie.
Owls seem to be very popular at the moment, that's a great card.

Enjoy the weekend

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

Connie, I never thought to ink the embossing folder. What a great idea. I love the beautiful inky texture. Great job!

Debbie said...

both cards finished up beautifully, what an interesting and clever technique!!!

Kim said...

You have that problem too?? I always lose things and I haven't even moved!! As for the sweet little owl card...WOW oh WOW oh WOW!! It is filled with glorious detail, Connie. The tree....quite simply amazing!!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Connie,
Both are beautiful!! Love the owl and adore the colors in the second one!! Thanks for visiting!!
Have a great day!!
Hugs,
Deb

Daniela said...

I so love your little owl card, the tecnique you used for the tree is truly outstanding !

Wishing you a joyous Sunday, Dearest One!

XOXO Dany

Darlene said...

BEAUTIFUL Connie! Another fun way is to use a brayer to apply your ink to the embossing folder ... however I have found that not all brayers are created equal! LOL ... the Ranger Red Rubber brayer works the BEST!
I love how you the 'wood' looks behind your own by using more than one color! Fun creation and awesome technique!!

Unknown said...

Pretty cards! I love the rustic vibe from your wood grain background, isn't that the coolest?!?!

handmade by amalia said...

That is a lovely technique, Connie, and the owl looks suitably wise.
Amalia
xo

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Both cards are very nice! I am drawn to the natural colors in the woodgrain especially. The daffodil looks stunning in purples.

Esther Asbury said...

Both cards are lovely, but I especially like the way the woodgrain turned out. Such a fun technique!

Beth Norman said...

Gosh, your technique turned out so well on both cards. I love the top one because I"m so partial to owls. The swipping of the wood grain turned out cool.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Connie, you are amazing. These two cards are beautiful. Your technique is really interesting and brought beautiful results. Thank you for sharing. Blessings for a great week ahead. Hugs πŸ‡πŸŒΈπŸ‡

Janice said...

This is a lovely technique Connie, which I don't try enough! Both of your cards are fabulous, the wood grain looks so real. Think I'll be trying this again soon....thank you for the nudge!

Birgit said...

These are both wonderful Connie! I love the texture on the owl card.

Leslie Miller said...

Connie, I'm amazed at the result you got with the wood grain folder! It looks absolutely real. Love the pattern and texture of that folder. That's the one I need! I have no idea how those papers and things get up and walk out on their own. I know it will turn up and then, yes, you'll be scratching your head as to what it's all about. Your doily and daffodil card turned out very pretty and feminine. Those stamp store garage sales sound like a lot of fun! Enjoy your warm weather. We had one nice day yesterday and now it's nothing but rain predicted for the rest of the week again.

Linda Walker said...

Wow Connie, the technique you used on the tree makes it look so real! Just like bark on a tree! Your little owl is sweet! Love the colors in that daffodil card. Very nice!
Linda