Thursday, May 25, 2017

Circus Elephant

Do you see on the news that the circus has had it's last show?  I only went to one, shortly after we were married, it was so exciting and fun. I understand why some wanted it stopped, another end of something that we grew up knowing, how times have changed since I was a kid.

My great nephew loves animals and so I thought I would do a circus themed birthday card for him.
I received this set of Coloring images day by day calendar and this is the first I have used out of it, you can find it HERE. It is cheaper on Amazon :) It comes with a set of pencils but I thought I would try using my Spectrum markers on them and see how it works and I think it did quite well, since it is thin paper I glued it to a piece of cardstock before cutting it out to add to the card.



The first picture showed quite the shine from the sparkle pen I used on the sun, so I took a side view picture of it also.


Day by Day Coloring Calendar image-- Elephant, colored w/ Spectrum markers
Sassafras - Apple Jack paper
Spellbinders -- A2 matting basics A and Lg. classic inverted scalloped circle dies
Fiskars -- grass punch
Spectrum sparkle pen -- clear on sun

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today, love hearing from you when you do,

Connie

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Connie, I've always found elephants so fascinating. Such gentle giants! Love your card!

Daniela said...

Good Morning,
darling Connie, and thanks most sincerely for sharing your so, so beautiful and cheerful card, I truly love it!

Wishing you a peaceful Memorial Day weekend,
I'm sending blessings to you

XOXO Dany

Donna Phelan said...

Oooh what a pretty card! Love the fantastic colors and that fabulous elephant! We took our daughter and 2 small nieces (3 & 4) to the circus in Boston right after the revamped the Boston Garden....needless to say we kind of broke one of those glow-in-the-dark necklaces and the brand new chairs glowed long after we left. It was a GREAT show!!!

Donna Ellis said...

What a fun, sweet card, Connie! It's beautifully designed, with so many happy colors! Wishing you a fantastic weekend! hugs, de

Diane said...

Just a darling design Connie.

Hugs Diane

Anonymous said...

cute card

Lowcarb team member said...

I just love this card.
So colourful, bright and cheerful!

All the best Jan

handmade by amalia said...

This is adorable, Connie. I love it. I love the circus. Where are we to run away to if the close the circus?
Amalia
xo

Louca por porcelana said...

Really cute!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, this is such a cute kid's card with all the colors and cute paper. Love the circus elephant, and you colored it beautifully. The last circus show is the end of an era, for sure. More people unemployed, but the elephants are glad, probably.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

This is so cute!! Reminds me of the Ring Bros. and Barnum and Bailey circus which is now a thing of the past...so sad!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hugs,
Debbie

Susan aka rainy said...

Such a darling and fun card for your great nephew!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This card is so much fun! I love the style of image and the fun coloring and the bright papers behind! This card is sure to be a hit!

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

What a coolcard Connie perfect for young lad, am sure it was loved .. you remind me I've neglected colouring book I just use...it has much potential...
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Janice said...

Such a pretty, bright card! I love the elephant, a great expression on his face!

Kim said...

So sad that many circuses are no more. I always loved going to the circus as a little girl. I adored seeing the animals the the death-defying acts. Your card is so very cute. The elephant is a perfect choice as the star attraction.

Birgit said...

This is super cute Connie! What a great idea to use a coloring page. The image is so darling and you did the background perfect!

Beth Norman said...

Cute, cute, cute. The colourful blanket on the elephant is so well done. I like how you added the grass. I also have a day by day colouring calendar. I really should colour them up like you did. Have a nice rest of your weekend.

Debbie said...

cute, colorful card!!! what a great idea!!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a cool card Connie! Love the great scene. That elephant is amazing.

Esther Asbury said...

Oh how fun! Love your adorable elephant and the great papers you paired it with! Super cute card!