Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Smack down Technique

In my stamp group one of the girl's challenges for this month is a technique you can see the Video HERE on how it is done .

I used this stamp set for this challenge for both the background and the flowers I used on top.


I used first the top left flower in a tan and I loved the pebble look it gave to the background, I wish I would have just stopped their but I also used the outline to that stamp on top.


I went with a touch of color using some new altenew inks for the blue flowers and fussy cut them out along with the leaves. Banner I cut myself.

Here is a side view of the card, hoping to show off the background techniue a little better.


Hampton Art -- Flower Amaze stamp set
Gina K -- tag lines sentiment stamp set
Doily
Ki-- Gems

Well that's it for today, off to do my running around, hoping not to get caught in too heavy of a rain storm :)

Hope your week is off to a good start and thanks so much for taking the time to stop by, I know how busy summer's can get :)

Connie


16 comments:

Ashley said...

you never cease to amaze me with this beautiful gift of yours...
also rain storm?
we're in a scorching heat wave now in oregon.
just hit about 90 something yesterday.

much love!

Donna Phelan said...

Those are beautiful flowers. I really love your background and all of your pretty layers too! That doily is a lovely accent as well!

Kim said...

It's always a pleasure to stop by your place, Connie. Such an interesting term is "smack down". Your card is lovely. Love the combination of the blue and tan flowers and the doily is the perfect touch.

Esther Asbury said...

Looks like a fun technique - I'm putting it on my "list of things to try sometime!" What a lovely card you created -- sweet little doily in the corner!

Darlene said...

Oh so pretty! Well done on the technique! Great job!

Leslie Miller said...

I've never seen this technique so I watched the video. Very cool! Your neutral background is pretty for your bright spot of flowers. Love the doily dropping down in the corner. Someday I'll try a few of these techniques I keep admiring. Have a good day, Connie!

Debbie said...

i really like this one connie - do i say that all the time?? well you have never created a card that i did not love!! so many steps, so much beauty, this one is especially gorgeous!!!

Donna Ellis said...

Thanks for the link to the video, Connie! I really like it, and had never heard of it before! Lovely white lacy background you made using it, and beautiful card! hugs, de

Louca por porcelana said...

Gorgeous card!Thanks for sharing!Maristella.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Neat technique Connie. Love the big flower bloom you used... the touch of teal looks really nice with the white doily.

Anonymous said...

Connie, one of my favorite cards of yours! Love all the textures and colors. Beautiful!

Beth Norman said...

Very nicely done. The addition of the doily and blue flowers add a nice touch.

Birgit said...

What a pretty card! I'm loving how you did the background and those flowers are gorgeous!!

Janice said...

A beautiful card, great technique! I love the background you have created and the flowers are just gorgeous :-)

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the colouring and flowers in this beautiful card.

I do hope you didn't get caught in too much heavy rain ...
Take Care

All the best Jan

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Oh Connie, I really loved this technique ... found several videos and pinned them, watch my blog, hope to try it again, in month maybe for DT post. We'll see if I pull it off. I've seen the Hampton stamps around fir reasonable price but not bought any.. wonder what they are like..
Lovely use of them in any case, I dodged a rainatirm and was blessed by mostly dry today, which was merciful of the Lord. Trust you were also.
Shaz.xx