Sunday, June 25, 2017

Felt pieces

I recieved these cute felt pieces from a fellow cardmaker and I never used them because they were 6x6 inches and I just don't make that size cards, it also came with some birds too, the other day when I came across them again I thought I need to try and figure out how to use these and I decided to cut them apart and use them on different cards, this is my first attempt.

The packaging said Oriental trading company on them, so if you are interested that is where you might be able to find them, they already had sticky tape on the back so they were perfect for applying to cards :)  I added the gem in the middle of the butterly and added the  stamped sentiment and pretty paper and I was done.


Oriental trading company -- Felt piece
Paper Smooches -- Happy Birthday stamp set
Craft smith -- Chelsea Lane paper
Paper studio -- Gem

Well after seeing how bad the deck looked in the pictures I washed it all down with the power washer yesterday and this evening when it was out of the sun I started painting, oh my the paint we got for it said heavy duty and I guess it is because it spreads like frosting and I couldn't roll it so I am bending over and painting it with a brush. I only managed to get a 1/4 of it done before my back just said that is enough, so I will try to get out there and see how much I can get done tomorrow morning before it gets to hot.  I sure hope this last for a few years, I am getting too old for this stuff.

Thanks for stopping by,

Connie

15 comments:

Debbie said...

oriental trading - i remember that catalog, they had lots of cool stuff, on the cheap!!

the card is cute, i like the subtle print in the pink!!

be careful with that staining, the heat and your back, it's not worth it if you hurt yourself!!!

Donna Ellis said...

What a great way of creatively using those larger shapes you received, Connie! I LOVE THE DESIGN! LOL

Fantastic shape to be used with the pretty paper, and die cuts. Really great idea, and I'm casing it! Thank you for today's inspiration! hugs, de

Esther Asbury said...

I love the extra texture the felt adds! So, so pretty!

Donna Phelan said...

So fun! Love your card base color, it's HOT! I like how your felt pieces already have the sticky back, makes life a lot easier for sure! Pretty butterfly and foliage, love that frame too!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, I like the pretty felt frame with the sweet butterfly... hope the painting will go better the next time!

Beth Norman said...

What a pretty card using felt. I love felt as much as I love my Misti. I'm currently working on tiny gingerbread houses with felt. Guess I should try felt on cards because yours turned out beautifully.

Leslie Miller said...

Brilliant idea for using those felt pieces, Connie, and it looks super pretty! Love that corner with the butterfly, and the pretty pink paper you used. Sure is nice that the felt pieces came with the sticky back. Speaking of sticky back... hope yours isn't too sticky after the painting of the deck. Ours needs doing, too. The finish doesn't last long, and the biggest chore is moving the heavy clay flower pots. What a pain... literally!

Anonymous said...

Connie, don't you love embellishments that already have adhesive on the back! Such a pretty card and good idea to cut it down to use for two cards. I hope your back isn't too sore. That painting doesn't sound very fun. xo

Louca por porcelana said...

A beautiful pink card!Best wishes!

Birgit said...

What a pretty card! Those felt die cuts add a lot of great texture to your card.

Linda Walker said...

That's very pretty! I like the felt pieces on the bright pink! Good for you for starting to paint your deck....I'm going to get something done today too!!! I'll start with my back porch. I have been doing all my sewing out there and it is a huge mess! Have a nice week Connie!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That is very pretty and neat to be different by using felt.

We painted our deck last year with the heavy duty paint and it was a tough job. It was weird because one can of the paint was thicker than the other. I took it back to the store to have them shake it up again and that helped a little.

AppleApricot Wen said...

It's a beautiful bright and elegant card, Connie! xx

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the colour of this card Connie.
Hope the rest of the deck painting goes well - look after your back.

All the best Jan

Janice said...

The felt pieces have made a fabulous card Connie! I love how you've positioned them on the gorgeous pink background!