Sunday, July 16, 2017

Partial stamping

The stamping group I am a part of is having a week of challenges, the challenge I had for everyone is Partial stamping as can be seen HERE in this video .

I went with a background stamp was one of the first I purchased when I started stamping, sorry I don't have the name because back then I didn't even know about blogs or groups it was just little old me stamping alone :)  I added a flower and the cute butterfly to it, using a piece of watercolor paper that I had used Color Burst to make the background.


If I hadn't popped up the flower this would have been a nice flat card.

Stampin up -- Ivy background stamp
Gina Marie stamps -- Birthday words stamp set
Memory Box -- Stitched Rectangle layers die
Spellbinders -- A2 Matting basics A die
Hot off the press -- Mystic Garden stamp set (butterfly)
Autumn leaves -- Flower stamp set
Color Bursts -- Naples Yellow and Marigold

I also want to share with you a little  remake I did of the last card I posted.  Leslie was sweet enough to give me some advice on how to do the flowers a little differently, I am thinking if the flowers were a little bigger it may have looked even better but my hubby and Leslie both thought my second attempt was better than the first so I restamped the flowers and colored and cut them out, can you believe I almost stamped them exactly how I did the first ones and that was without lining them up, so I just taped them to the ones I did previously, and here is the results.  I also posted a picture on the last post so you can see the difference a little better :)


 Off to try some challenges from the group, I have been so busy or too tired to have a chance to create so hoping to get some fun in this evening.  Hope you enjoyed a nice weekend and have a wonderful week to come!
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Connie, I remember using a lot of background stamps when I started stamping and I rarely use them now. I do like them but somehow I forget they are in my collection. The butterfly stands out as well as the flower. Very pretty!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

very nice, hugs bibiana

Janice said...

You have made such a pretty background using that stamp, and I love the pop of the flower and butterfly. Although I like your first card, your second attempt of the card is just as pretty.

Jerri Jimenez said...

Both cards are fabulous Connie! It's been so long since I've made a "paper" card instead of a parchment card, I need to dip my fingers in the ink before I forget how . . . hugs!!

Debbie said...

you have a great eye connie, putting colors, stamps and designs together. i also like the sentiment!!

those pink flowers are beautiful - in both pictures, i don't see much difference. you are way too hard on yourself!!!

Kim said...

That is such a pretty background...sweet card. I love the pink flowers in the vase. I too, can't see much of a difference. =)

Daniela said...

Somehow it's really true, simplicity is the most charming thing at all !
You've created such wonderful cards, Dearest One, thye're both outstanding !

Wishing you a most lovely new week,
I'm sending hugs and ever much love to you

XOXO Dany

Darlene said...

The partial stamping is an awesome idea and looks fabulous! WOW I can see the difference in your two floral vase cards ... you got some good advice for a PRO coloring person .. I love Leslie's coloring! Great job and how awesome to have these 'tips' in your mind now. Beautiful creations!!!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I thought the first set of flowers was really pretty, but how nice that you got some expert advice to improve on it. I love the partial stamping, that is a fun technique, I enjoyed doing it.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jut beautiful!!! Thanks again for stopping by and for leaving such a kind, heartfelt comment!! I really appreciate it!
Hugs,
Debbie

Beth Norman said...

What sweet cards. Your first one is very interesting stamping only a portion of your stamp. The second rendition of your pink flowers are absolutely gorgeous. They really do pop. How nice that you got some good advice.

Leslie Miller said...

I still have fun with my background stamps now and then. I sure do love this one! Ivy is so pretty, but it's a nightmare in our area. Kinda like Kudzu in the south, but now it's starting to show up in Oregon. Yikes! Cute little flower there, too, Connie! I'm glad your flower card worked out. You did a beautiful job on it!

Monika.Buzsy said...

Love the ivy background with the sweet little flower and butterfly. The touch of yellow looks nice. I am on vacation so no stamping for me. I miss it!

Lowcarb team member said...

I think they all look good ...and the people who receive them must appreciate them and the work you put in.

All the best Jan

Donna Phelan said...

I adore that ivy stamp and how you framed off the front of your card, sop pretty! And of course, any bottle, jar or container of flowers on a card just make me HAPPY! Fantastic creations!