Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Birds

Sisterhood of Crafters had a challenge to use birds on your card, so I went through my birds and realized I hadn't used this one in some time, I have never colored it with pencils before so I thought I would give that a try.


I decided since this was going to be another hand delivered card that I would use a button on it, while going through my buttons I came across this earring that was in a jar of buttons I had bought from Flea market and thought the color may go well with the colors of the flowers, I used my wire cutters to cut off the post and then used glue dot to add it to the tag.

You still have a couple more days to give this challenge a try :)

Hero Arts - Bird in a circle stamp, colored w/pencils
Spellbinders - Square and Back to basics tags dies
Stamps of Life - Mins 4 circles sentiment stamp
Earring

Do I have you looking through your earrings to use on your next project :)

We had sunshine today, we haven't had that in a few days and we go back to rain and more clouds tomorrow so I have been soaking this up.  Hope your are enjoying sunshine wherever you are.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

15 comments:

Louca por porcelana said...

It is a darling card,Connie!Perfect for Spring!Hugs!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a pretty and feminine card. I would not have thought to use an earring, but I do have plenty that have lost their pair!

Darlene said...

BEAUTIFUL Connie and fabulous coloring with those pencils! TeeHee ... I have a few earrings hanging around that need to be incorporated into a card ... thanks for inspiration! We are still dealing with 'the white stuff' here in Akron, OH but they are saying mid 50s next week ... YAY ... come on sunshine! I could sure use it! LOL

Darlene said...

Ooops forgot to thank you for joining in our 'Birds' challenge over at the Sisterhood of Crafters! THANKS!!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Wowie, this is gorgeous, Connie!! Beautiful image, lovely design and background papers. You're an expert with the pencil coloring! I have old earrings in my doodads drawers. Can't help but see everything in terms of how it might look on a card, tee hee!

Roosterhead Designs said...

Such a lovely card Connie! Your color-work is beautiful~ It is truly art : ) I like the cursive text design too~ karen o

JeanneLee said...

Hi Connie and YES, enjoying the views from my home, and we have sunshine!

LOVE the card, and the pencils look wonderful!

~Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Connie, what a sweet little bird! I love the background text behind it too. The weather here has been screwy. Snow yesterday Sun today and Snow due Saturday night. My daffodils don't know which end is up.

Donna Phelan said...

I LOVE this Design, earring and all! There's just something about a bird on a card, so majestic and magical! You know this card would also be perfect for our 'Just Wing It' Challenge over at The Double D Challenge Blog: http://daranddiane.blogspot.com/2018/03/just-wing-it.html

Beth Norman said...

Very pretty. Love the script, always a favourite of mine. Lovely colouring too.

Kim said...

Sweet little birdie....sweet little card, Connie. I love the button! Hope you are enjoying that sunshine.

Birgit said...

I love the collage style of this beautiful card! What a clever idea to use unwanted earrings for embellishments. I just threw some away a couple of weeks ago too, darn! I'll be digging through my jewelry now to see what I can find. Thanks for the great inspiration Connie!

Janice said...

A beautiful card and I love the clever idea of using the earring!

Lowcarb team member said...

This really looks a lovely card.
I love the colouring - and what a clever use of the earring too.

All the best Jan

Debbie said...

the card is so sweet, you did a great job. i like the way the button is used!! i like the idea of using earrings!!

oh i just know you are enjoying the sunshine, we have it here today as well!!