Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Off stamp

The next challenge one of the girls had was to take a background stamp, and stamp it 3 times using different colors moving the stamp just a little bit every time you stamp.

These were my tries.


Sorry about the lighting, but this gives you an idea.  For this card I used the last background I made which is at the bottom.


Stampinup- background stamp (plaid)
Distress oxide inks - Antique linen, fossilized amber, walnut stain
Heartfelt creation - Delicate Asters stamp and dies, colored w/spectrum markers
Martha Stewart - border punch
My favorite things - Label maker sentiment stamp
Kaiser - gemstones


I am glad I kept going trying other background stamps because I love how this one turned out.

Thanks for stopping by today,

Connie

12 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Love how your card turned out Connie, the colours and must try that technique too....very effective.[aussie aNNie blog] ♥ ♥

Diane said...

Greetings Connie, super fun background and card design.

Hugs Diane

Nancy Chan said...

Hi Connie, that is a beautiful craft design!

Esther Asbury said...

Sounds like a fun technique and I love how you plaid background turned out! So beautiful!

Farmhouse and Feathers said...

Very interesting how you did this. I know very little about card making but I do love crafting so I hope to learn some tricks from you. The card is very pretty. I love the neutral background colors. Have a great rest of the week!
Sherry

Donna Ellis said...

Fantastic design idea, Connie, and so glad you shared it! Loving the feel of cottony seersucker fabric in your background. Beautiful Asters stamp, too! Love your black background on the sentiment, and great seeing your border punch! hugs, de

Gina said...

Hi Connie! I have returned to blogging. ♥ I look forward to catching up on your beautiful creations! xx. I'm your newest follower. :-)

Beth Norman said...

Such a pretty card. Your background is lovely, and so is that gorgeous flower that just pops.

Debbie said...

awwww, make your own paper, (as if the cards themselves are not enough work)!!!!

i think your card is awesome...the yellow flower is perfect for a summer birthday!!!

Donna Phelan said...

Oh what a FUN Challenge! I love the background you created on your card! Looks like beautiful Designer Paper!

Louca por porcelana said...

What a pretty card!

Janice said...

Some more fabulous backgrounds, love your card :-)