Sunday, June 9, 2019

Kissing Stamp Technique

The next challenge was to do some stamp kissing and I believe I have tried this before but it is fun to do something you haven't done in a long time. HERE is a link to Wendy's video where she shows how to do the technique.

I first started out with my flower stamp which is mostly solid, I inked the stamp with blue ink, then I applied it to my background stamp to pick up the canvas detail.  I didn't get much of the canvas imprint on it but I did like how it turned out.





Hero Arts - Silhouette Flower stamp
Stampin up - Canvas Background stamp
Whimsy stamps - simple sentiments
Stickles - Diamond
Jute

After I finished doing that stamping I went to clean my background stamp and saw the impression stamping into it did so I took another plain piece of cardstock and placed it over the inked part and rubbed the back to pick up the ink, that is when I got the impression for my second card.



In the video she also shows how you can ink the background stamp, then stamp your solid stamp into it and then stamp off onto paper to get a whole other look, so that is what I tried for my next card.  I used the same canvas stamp for the flowers but I used a vine background stamp for the leaves.



I like how you can get many different patterns from your solid stamps using this technique.

Hampton Art - Flower Amaze stamp (flowersand leaves and sentiment)
Stampin up - canvas background stamp for flowers
$ Store- Vine background stamp for leaves

I have one more challenge to share, it has been a fun week of challenges.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today, hope you have had some time to be crafty this weekend.

Connie

12 comments:

Kim said...

You have had fun inking your time away, Connie. These cards are lovely. Love all the pretty blue colour, and the texture. Those white daisies look fabulous!

aussie aNNie said...

Looks like a fun technique, and love the cards especially the last one.

Louca por porcelana said...

How beautiful!Loved them!

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Looks terrific, Connie! I never thought of using it as a background! Thanks for sharing. xx

Jadieegosh said...

wow beautiful post! i loved this !

Jadieegosh   Instagram

Lowcarb team member said...

If I had made these I would have used the first one for a friend who isn't too well at the moment …
I like all three cards though.

Have a good week.

All the best Jan

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, gosh, I haven't done this in forever, but you've got three gorgeous cards here! What a beautiful blue you used, and I do see a little of the canvas on your first card. One way or the other that solid stamp and the canvas makes a beautiful impression. Very crisp result on your pink flowers. All pretty cards and I love them!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very pretty Connie. The blue you used really pops.

Donna Phelan said...

This was one of the 1st techniques I learned from GKD. How fun! I love how you made the first card and then carried the technique over to a 2nd one in such a creative way. Both cards are lovely and the 2nd one is so artsy! Well done!

Janice said...

Amazing results, beautiful cards! I haven’t tried this technique before so I must do sometime.

Tanza Erlambang said...

from simple to beautiful....great idea and excellent results

Debbie said...

i have never done this connie, it provides a beautiful result!! you are so cleaver to reverse the technique for the second card (i'm not sure that is the right way to explain that!!)

that is such a pretty, free flowing, flower stamp!!!