Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Embossed Watercolor background

This is the challenge I had for the others to try, I will have to say I wasn't very fond of my results and I don't know if I would try it again but if you don't try it you will never know.

HERE is the link to the video I had them watch.


I had to add a butterfly there was too much space for my taste. I used an old background from a previous challenge week to stamp the butterfly onto and fussy cut it out.



Heidi Grace designs - Winnefred St. stamp set
Spectrum Aqua markers
Stampendous - Daisy thanks stamp (butterfly)
Lawn Fawn - Fancy scalloped Rectangle

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

13 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Connie this is fabulous and I love this with the bright colours added..off to check out the link, thank you.x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

The yellow pops so nicely on the black! Great stamp choice too!

Lori said...

So pretty! That yellow just pops off the black background. Love all the colors!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Beth Norman said...

What?! How can you not be happy with this? I think it looks outstanding

Debbie said...

i don't know why you don't like this one connie, i think it is great!!!

very artsy and creative and i really like the colors on the blackish background. you crazy girl!!!

Donna Ellis said...

I admire how you are constantly trying new techniques and finding new ways of using your stash, Connie! Your floral beauty is amazing, and I agree -- that butterfly really makes it beautiful! hugs, de

Tanza Erlambang said...

lovely bright colors and beautiful butterfly...

Have a wonderful day

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! That's a very interesting technique, Connie! I watched the video to see what was different about it. I never would have thought! Now I'm wondering if I have some good solid image stamps I could try this with. Most of my stamps are outlines. The bursts of yellow on your card really grabbed me. Pretty! Thank you for sharing!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Mm guests all up to colour and image selection Connie .. it makes for an eye catching card anyway and agree re butterfly, well done on trying,
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Donna Phelan said...

What a great technique! I love the dark background, it lets every element POP! So pretty!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the yellow shades here - works well on a darker background.

All the best Jan

Janice said...

The dark background really makes the colour pop, great technique!