Monday, August 19, 2019

Water

The next challenge in our group was to have water as the theme of the card, I went with this Lake house stamp.  All I can say is you win some and you lose some, I didn't get the water color feel of it very well, I need more practice on these very small images, I think it is much easier with larger images.


After water coloring I was going through my dies deciding how I wanted to cut the image and thought this die would make a lovely frame for this scene but the piece I stamped my stamp on wasn't big enough for this die so I cut it out and then cut just the image portion out by hand so I would have a guide on where to cut so it would fit inside the cut I made with green cardstock. I added a little ink to just the leaves to give them a touch of color.

Art Impressions - Lake House window, on water color paper, using Spectrum Aqua markers
Spellbinders - Decorative Curved Square die
Hot off the press - Black Jewel Dazzles

I hope the week for you is off to a wonderful start,
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

12 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I think the watercoloring looks great. I like that die for this image. I wouldn’t have thought it would fit right but it looks really nice!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Connie. Love that scene and the coloring... the decorative die-cut frame looks amazing with the sponging... I think I have that die set! :) Thanks for the inspiration!

Esther Asbury said...

I think the water-coloring looks awesome, and I LOVE the way you added the decorative die cuts behind! Beautiful card, my friend!

Tanza Erlambang said...

colorful....love the small house...
have a wonderful day

Roosterhead Designs said...

Hi Connie,
May I please beg to differ? : ) lol
When I first clicked on your blog and saw your painting I said "What a pretty water color!" From where I sit I Really did get the water color feel the moment I saw it! This is beautifully done dear Connie; I really love it~ Hugs to you, karen o

April said...

Very pretty! I do like your watercoloring! Such a pretty frame too.

Donna Ellis said...

I remember when AI came out with this line - it's lovely! It surely looks fabulous with that SB die! Connie, this is a beautiful creation! hugs, de

Kim said...

I love the pretty frame your lovely picture is resting on. I think this card looks fabulous, Connie. As for your water colour-ing.....I think it looks great!

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card and now I recall I have this beautiful die, great result.xx

Birgit said...

I say this is a winner all the way! It's gorgeous and I think your watercoloring skills are gorgeous on this as well. The image fits the center of that detailed frame just perfectly.

Donna Phelan said...

I also think your water coloring looks great! That background/base die is AMAZING!!!

Lowcarb team member said...

That is such a lovely water-coloured picture, nice idea for a card.

All the best Jan