Friday, August 9, 2019

Scraps

The next challenge in the group was to use your scraps, I have so many paper scraps it is just crazy, I am so tempted to just recycle them and start with a brand new empty scraps container but I haven't done it yet. I saw on Pinterest these flowers made from scraps and the petals were two layers thick, so I went ahead and stamped out all these wings from an old butterfly stamp set and hand cut them out, I started arranging them to see how many I would need and found that I didn't like how it looked doubling them so I went with just one layer around, that gave me enough to make two cards.


 To match the faux stitching on the petals I did a little bit of that around my paper and added a few pen dots to the background.

Faux stitched petals stamp, on scraps of pattern paper and hand cut
HOTP - Dazzles - tiny words & phrases, colored w/marker
Faux stitching around card
Spellbinder die for flower center


For the second one I used an Epoxy sticker for my sentiment and added tiny sequins to the background



I have the next challenge almost done, so I will share that next time.
Hope you all have a wonderful and creative weekend!

Connie

10 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Fantastic use of paper piecing and using your scraps, Connie! I love the soft color petals with the pop of pink! Beautifully done! hugs, de

Tanza Erlambang said...

colorful....love it

Diane said...

Greetings Connie, wow what a wonderful way to use scraps. Great job.

Hugs Diane

Anonymous said...

So cute, Connie! At first, I though they were feathers but then realized they are petals. Great job using your scraps!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful, love the off the page flower and the faux stitching. Brilliant card.x

Debbie Harris said...

Such a great way to use up those beautiful scraps.
Another lovely creation ♡

Donna Phelan said...

Clever AND beautiful! And your fussy cutting is on point!

Debbie said...

ooooh scraps, YES, i have those....mostly from my scrapbooking days. i would not throw them out, just make a bunch of this beautiful card. not too difficult, can be used for many themes by just changing the brad...this card is so clever and i really like these papers/scraps together!!!

Lowcarb team member said...

You certainly did a great job using your scraps … lovely.

All the best Jan

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Look at everything I missed. Last night I was wondering why no posts from you. You tend to fall into my spam, like I fall into yours. Weird, eh?

This is a very cute flower. Lots of hard work