Thursday, February 6, 2020

Adding depth

I was actually doing better last night so I have started some of the challenges from my stamp group.  I wasn't very clear on my post, my sister called and let me know, I had scratched not only the cornea of my eye but also into the white area, forgot what he called it, so bad that he wasn't sure if the contact would cover it all, but it did enough to take the pain away, I am still very light sensitive but doing much better.  Thank  you all for your well wishes and prayers I am so thankful for them all, you are all so sweet.  My hubby has turned down the background of my computer so that I can work on it and so I am hoping that my pictures will look ok on your computer :)
You can find Beth's challenge HERE on her blog.  

Hubby said that these stencils I chose to use weren't the best for this technique but he looked through all I have and said yeah you don't have any that would really show this technique well, so I just went with what I had :)

The color marker I came up with to give depth to the rays was almost a match but the only other color I had was the orange and I didn't like that at all. You can see a touch of it at the bottom of the rays, I tried covering it up with the sentiment.


Here is a close up of the rays with the marker adding depth.




Tim Holtz - rays stencil, w/ Distress inks, Carved pumpkin and fossilized amber
Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine sentiment
Sparkle confetti

Here are the two together after adding using markers and on the brown one I used colored pencil on the light parts as I didn't have a marker that color and I want to make a vintage card out of that one.


Thanks for stopping by,

Connie

10 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Connie, I think that the lines work really well with the sunburst and I like the damask one too. It might not be exactly how Beth’s technique adds dimension, but it still does add dimension. Does that make sense?

I’m really glad your eye isn’t bothering you so badly now!

aussie aNNie said...

These two are right up my street, love them and love the sunburst one.xx

Susan (rainy) said...

Wow it sounds like you have gone through a lot with your eye. So sorry. But you have still managed to create a beautiful sun ray card! Love it.

Birgit said...

Hi Connie, I'm glad to hear that you're eye is coming along in the healing process. You have such a sweet hubby to be so involved in your crafting. My hubby would be clueless. I like both of your backgrounds and I like the orange-ish color on the sun rays. The other background will definitely make for a good vintage style card. Great job on both!

Leslie Miller said...

This looks fantastic, Connie! I love the stencil. I think anything in yellow looks great! Ouch about your eye! It doesn't take much to scratch it, I know.

Esther Asbury said...

I love the way you added depth to your stenciling, and I even like the bit of orange peeking out! Both stenciled pieces are fantastic!!
(Sure hope your eye is doing better soon!!)

Debbie said...

connie, i think this looks beautiful, you achieved your goal and i am so happy that you are feeling better!!

i think you should give this card to your husband, he is certainly your rock and your sunshine!!!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the sunburst, it is sunny, bright and cheerful :)

Pleased that you are feeling a little better, take care.

All the best Jan

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I really like the stencils you used for this technique. You may not have a lot of stencils, but these are just perfect!

So glad you joined in on the challenge, and thank you for linking my blog so the technique is understood.

Janice said...

A lovely sunburst card, makes me feel that Spring is just around the corner! Good to read you’re feeling a little better.