Our Christmas Challenge for August was to use Trees on our Christmas card. and or watercolor. I did the trees in most of the cards but only a little watercolor.
I know I am late posting last month cards but when I was at Michael's the other day and I saw this layered stencil, and our theme was trees I had to get it. I dotted some silver pen on the trees to give them a bit of snowy look, and you can't see it well but on the bottom I used glue pen on the base instead of ink and then added some glitter for a snowy base. Stamped and fussy but the little snowman.
- Recollections - Tree Stencils, 4 layers, w/glitter at the base for snow
- Distress inks - Walnut Stain, Gathered twigs, Peeled Paint, Iced Spruce, Picket fence
- Crafter's companion - Snowman stamp, colored w/makers and fussy cut
- Starform - Merry Christmas silver sentiment sticker
- Silver pen around the image
Next I did a couple of those scratch cards from Brea Reese.
My hubby asked where his letter stencils were at and when I got in the drawer I keep them in to get out all the letter stencils I found these very old Plaid Stickers, that have to be over 20 years old. I thought there is probably no way these are going to work, but as you can see in my next card this poinsettia came off pretty good, all I did was add a sentiment and done.
Lastly I tried my hand at watercoloring with Spectrum Auqa pens and I don't think it came out quite like I wanted but thought it was still ok to frame the stitched ornament I did from Spellbinders advent calendar. The branches and flower dies also came in the package.
- Spellbinders - Advent calendar 2024, stitched ornament dies
- Penny Black - Background Basics stencil, water colored inside with Spectrum sparkle pens
- Inking around card with Fossilized Amber distress ink
- Hot off the press - 63 thin line dazzles sticker (ornament hanger)
- Spellbinders - Ribbon Banners die
- Penny Black - Cozy nights - sentiment stamp
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,
Connie





5 comments:
Your cards are great and the recently located stickers was a fun find! You did a great job, I especially love the poinsettia one!
The cards are beautiful, I especially like the polar bear. Thanks for sharing.
Oh so Festive, such great Christmas cards! I adore your first card with all of those pretty trees, love the water coloring too! I think Iced Spruce is such an under rated color--love it! Oh and the 1st rule of card making is we don't talk about how old our stash is LOL See? I knew you would need that at some point on some project hahaha
These are gorgeous cards, Connie.
Gorgeous collection of Christmas cards Connie, love the trees and stenciling, so much depth there, they are all beautiful..
Luv CHISSYxx
Luv CHRISSYxx
Post a Comment