Friday, September 21, 2012

Our Creative Corner Sketch Challenge

I needed a masculine Birthday card and Our Creative Corner is doing a sketch challenge, I meant to post this yesterday when I finished the card but forgot, you have until tonight to participate.  You can find the challenge Here on their blog .


I tried to keep it kind of monochromatic, that was the extra challenge you can do.

Stampers Annoymous -- Tim Holtz -- Birdsong stamp
Sizzix -- Tim Holtz -- Woodgrain Embossing folder, put distress ink on the folder
Spellbinders Classic Rectangles Lg and Labels Trio dies
Hero Arts All Occasion Messages sentiment stamp
Spare parts Square brads (on dark brown strips, kind of hard to see)

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and letting me know what you think of my creation,
Hope you have a Wonderful weekend,
Connie


8 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

Connie, this is stunning! I am such a huge fan of wood grain on cards and I just love that you picked this texture for your card. It's so perfectly fitting for the masculine theme and what you've done to the sketch..wonderful!
A very well crafted Birthday card indeed. :)

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Our Creative Corner. Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again next week!
Lisa xx

Krystal Kats said...

Hi Connie that is very pretty, I love the birds and news print. Wow I really have forgotten if it had news print or not, wish I could see your post. Well in any event it's lovely and vintage looking. Happy Fall! Hugs

Me, My Stamps and I said...

Beautiofully Done!!!!
love all the extras you put into it, and the monochromatic feel.
tfs:)

Beate said...

What a gorgeous, masculine card. Beautiful!
Have a great week!
Hugs and smiles

ChristineCreations said...

Nice masculine design Connie! I love the embossing folder! So perfect for the bird!

scrappinpeg said...

Hey girl,
I just bought this folder and the bricks. Now I must say LOVE yours on this card. AWESOME job. Wow it looks just like real wood. Thanks for sharing... Hope you are doing well.
Peggy

Debby said...

great job,love the embossed background!

Shirley said...

Very warm, artistic, and so pretty too!