Saturday, September 8, 2012

I'm Back

We arrived back yesterday from our trip out to Boston to move our daughter and son in law out there to continue their education and get their masters degrees.  It was so good to be able to see where they are living now and where they will be going to school and working but that was the hardest thing to leave her out there, but I was able to adjust to her going away to college and I am sure in time I will adjust to her being over a thousand miles away.  We drove there in two days but we took 3 days to get home and that was alot better, I just can't stand to be in a car as long as I use to when I was younger.

We did make a stop at a Scrapbooking store in the Boston area and I got some more goodies to play with :)

On to my card, I had this one done by the time I left so that was nice.  This one went to my great nephew, turning 7 I believe.



I used the Dimple Street gang sticker, the water paper behind him is from the DCWV travel scrapbooking kit.
Spellbinder die for framing
October Afternoon- Seaside paper for the background stripes.
Martha Stewarts Sansserif font letters stamps for "make a"
Hero Arts mixed letters stamps for the splash

Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you have a great weekend!
Connie

6 comments:

Debby said...

cute image and card!

Susan (rainy) said...

It's so hard to have them so far away.. But it sounds like they are in a great spot in their lives, so that helps.

Darling card, too, Connie, perfect for your nephew with the darling image and bright colors.

Beate said...

That's darling!
Hugs and smiles

Monika/Buzsy said...

Glad to hear you had a great trip. I am sure it will be hard to get used to your dauther being so far away.
Super cute card Connie. Love the fun image and the pretty colors. The tile greeting looks great.

Shirley said...

Too too darn cute for words!!

Linda Carson said...

You know Fall is stunning in New England....it would be your excuse to visit Boston! This card is sooooooo cute! It reminds me of some of my family!