Thursday, September 27, 2012

Window card

My cardmaking groups challenge for this month is to make a window card, I was trying to think if I had made one before but am not sure.  I saw a card using a branch with a window and as much as I searched I can not find where I saw that, to link to it, maybe it was in a magazine, I don't know.


I used the Memory Box Woodland branch die
Spellbinder Square die for the opening

Inkadinkado Silhouesttes stamp set for the bird, stamped his feet on the branch and then stamped the body onto white paper and colored him in with Tim Holtz marker, and used dimension adhesive to pop him up.

The leaves are from a fall foliage garland

Martha Stewart fence border punch
Hero Arts Birthday Messages stamps for sentiment

Here is another picture, I tried to hold it closed with a paper clip so you can see how the branch is cut apart in three sections, so when it is closed it looks like one continous branch but didn't succeed to well, but I think you can get the idea :)


As simple as this is it ended up being one of my favorite cards.

Thanks so much for taking the time out to stop by,
Connie

7 comments:

Debby said...

Fabulous ,Love it!!!

Shirley said...

Absolutely beautiful and so creative!

Linda Carson said...

Oh I love this card! It's easy to see one continuous branch! Great job!

Susan (rainy) said...

It's beautiful, Connie.. a fabulous CAS design.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Connie. That window opening looks awesome and I love how you carried the image over... the fence with the greeting looks great!

Beate said...

Connie, that's a darling scene you have created. You should upload this image on SCS with keyword F4A136. Today's Free for All Challenge is to use fall leaves on your card.
Your creation is perfect for it.

Have a great weekend!
Hugs and smiles

Me, My Stamps and I said...

Beautifully done!!!!!
love the fence design!!!!
tfs:)