Thursday, December 13, 2018

Make a wish

My Great nephew is in his early 20's and is going to school to become a nurse, he is so good with people and very caring, he has picked the perfect field to go into. He has one year to go and he says this last year was the hardest yet, so he needed a nice relaxing card, and what is more relaxing then a bird sitting on a branch :)  This bird sticker already had a little branch on it, but since I wanted to add my own branch from my coloring calendar to it I cut off the branch that was on the sticker.


It is hard to see but that background paper has the word Today over and over on it.

Anna Griffin - Avian collection bird sticker
Coloring for Calm - Branch, colored w/markers
Crate Paper - DIY shop paper
Spellbinders - A2 matting basics A die
Hot off the press - Dazzles - 130 tiny words and phrases

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and say Hi,

Connie

16 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Your background really makes the bird/branch "pop!" Such a beautiful card!

Lori said...

This is a beautiful card! (Love your branch.) Your nephew will really love it! (You're a winner at my blog, by the way!)

Diane said...

Stunning design Connie.

Hugs Diane

Kim said...

A most calming card, Connie. I love the colours you have used, the yellow and grey are perfect partners. The bird is so pretty.

Louca por porcelana said...

Sweet and lovely card,dear Connie!

Bev Polen said...

Connie, I agree with you that seeing a bird sitting on a branch, most likely chirping, has a calming effect. The bird on your lovely card is so beautiful and the branch he is sitting on is gorgeous. I love the "Today" designer paper for the background! Hugs, my friend!

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning card and what a great career for your nephew...being a RN myself a few years back I know how rewarding it can be.xx

Stephanie said...

Good morning, sweet Connie! My oh my, what a stunning card! I have a weakness for birds and this one is simply beautiful. You truly are gifted, my friend.

Happy weekend. Hugs!

Gina said...

Connie, your card is very sweet and calming. I can imagine a sweet song sung by that little bird.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

You never cease to amaze me with all the beautiful cards you create for your family. You are such a sweet person to think of everyone.

This is indeed a peaceful card. Good luck to your Great Newphew in his classes.

Debbie said...

your great nephew is going to LOVE the profession he has chosen. i loved being a nurse and miss it every day!! the background paper is very cool and you know i have a real soft spot for birds, but a yellow bird is always best!!

Donna Phelan said...

Fantastic card! I really loooooove that bird with branch. There's just something about a beautiful bird on a card! He'll cherish this!

Leslie Miller said...

I have to agree about the relaxing aspect of a bird on a branch. I love watching them. That's such a cute branch and pretty bird!

Janice said...

A beautiful bird card, perfect for the occasion.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Lovely texture look to DP Connie a great male card
Shaz in Oz. X

Lowcarb team member said...

It's a great card.
I wish your nephew well in his career.

All the best Jan