Saturday, December 1, 2018

Beautiful day

I really like the look you can get with layering stamps but even with my Misti stamp tool, I still have times when it is hard to line things up just right. This is another stamp set from my card making Magazine.

I first started by doing my background adding clouds with my home made cloud stencil and sponging on my ink. Then I adding a bit of grass with a new stamp I found at my stamp store. I immediately sponged over the stamped grass and it seemed to smear it just enough to give it a nice softness. Next I stamped my bike in brown then my tires in black inks.  I added the basket then masked that off so I could add some flowers to the basket. I added the color to the basket and flowers with markers.



Cardmaking and Papercraft Issue 183 - Bike, basket, flowers and sentiment stamps
Home made cloud stencil for sky
D.R.S. designs - Easy Grass stamp, with sponged ink over top

I hope you enjoy a wonderful and creative weekend,
Thanks for stopping by,

Connie

14 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Your clouds look beautiful, Connie! And such a lovely meadow to bike ride in! Beautiful card. hugs, de

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Love the details on this with the clouds and the little bits of grass. Very nice card.

Louca por porcelana said...

Lovely card!Happy December!

aussie aNNie said...

Cool card, nothing like a bike ride.

Debbie said...

oh this is so cute connie. i am surprised that the bike is a stamp and not a cut-out, it is done with such precision!! the background/clouds look beautiful and i love the bike basket with the flowers!!

your cards are always so personalized...this must be for a bike lover you know!!

Roosterhead Designs said...

Sooo beautiful Connie!! What a lovely cheery card~ Everything looks perfect! amazing work~ Blessings, karen o

Leslie Miller said...

Your layering looks perfect to me! Cute freebie bike stamp in a warm summer scene. It makes me want to get out there!

Bev Polen said...

I saw this beauty on SCS, and the scene is gorgeous, Connie. It gives me such a peaceful feeling. The bike is gorgeous with the basket of flowers and the sky with clouds and the grass are beautiful! Love the card, Connie!

handmade by amalia said...

Such a pretty card, Connie. I could happily see myself as part of the picture, cycling on this lovely bike, stopping by the market or the tea-shop :-)
Amalia
xo

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Such a cute card. Bicycles are really in. You did a wonderful job with your sky and grass. Unlike you, I don't seem to get around to using stamps I get from the UK magazines. I've been in a funk for months now and hope to turn that around soon. I'm going to stamp over the next five hours and get ahead of the game for my TJ posts as I have birthday cards to do and a blog hop to get ready for. Have a great week!!

Birgit said...

What a delightful card! I'm yearning for spring already!! I've been away on vacation and have been playing catch up on blogs. I see I've missed a lot of great inspiration here. So glad to be back and visiting your blog again. Happy Holidays!

Donna Phelan said...

The grass and sky look beautiful, a perfect setting on a beautiful day to take a bike ride! Great card!

Lowcarb team member said...

Very nice indeed.
… Happy December Wishes.

All the best Jan

Janice said...

Your card is just beautiful!