Sunday, March 15, 2020

Special day

In my card making group one of the ladies challenged us to go in our craft rooms and use some of our older supplies and make some cards and get away from our televisions and whatever else that is giving us all this information about the virus and just enjoy some creative time.  This is the card I came up with.


I was hoping to use my flocking for the center of my flower but after my "organizing" now I can't find it, Uggghhhh!  I guess I need to quite trying to organize my room, LOL!

Hot off the press - Instant card art, pretty colors for the tag
BasicGrey - brad
K&co. - K-ology Hannah paper
Martha Stewart - border punch
Tim Holtz - Tattered Florals die
Art Glitter - Bananan , flower center

We are actually seeing buds on our trees, I am getting so excited for spring to come.
Hope you are all staying well,
Thanks for stopping by,

Connie

13 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Such a sweet daisy card, Connie! I love the scripty petals. hugs, de

Debbie said...

ooooh connie, i love this card, we will be seeing daisies soon and i can't wait!!! the papers are beautiful!!

we have a lot of buds on everything, the trees and especially the hydrangeas!!

Darlene said...

WOW what a great 'put together'! Love your sentiment ... just perfect! Yes I'm MORE then ready for Spring and my daffodils are ready to POP ... so imagine my disheartment when it started snowing late yesterday afternoon and covered everything with a thin blanket. Happy to report that the sun came out today and melted it all away so I'm smiling once again! LOL There have been so many 'bad things' happening in my little family recently ... and this 'virus thing' isn't helping matters ... I think a nice warm sunshining day is what we all need ... and a deep breath! Hugs and Happy day to you ... thanks for sharing inspiration!

Donna Phelan said...

Very pretty! Love that vine die cut, super pretty! Oh and Happy (belated) Birthday!

April said...

This is lovely! I used to do this a lot and I need to do this some more. A lady in my small group suggested that next time we pull out backgrounds we have made and make cards with what we have. I am all for it!

Louca por porcelana said...

So sweet!Love daisies!

Esther Asbury said...

Such a pretty card -- I love the text on the flower! Our daffodils have been blooming since mid February, and the smell of freshly mowed grass was in the air yesterday (first of the season). Spring is my favorite time of year!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very pretty. Great challenge.

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a lovely looking card.

Isn't it nice to see the buds at this time of year, I love the Spring season.

All the best Jan

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely card using up scraps. Scripting on stamps I love and hope you find the flocking to made another gorgeous card...xx

handmade by amalia said...

Another wonderful card, Connie! I love shopping at home for craft supplies, you never know where you'll end up.
Amalia
xo

Kim said...

Yes, a little card making or a little stitching is the panacea for these troubled times. Love this sweet card, Connie.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Connie, I lose something every time I reorganize. Only temporarily, though. I'm sure you'll find your Flower Soft. It looks mighty pretty with the sparkle!