Friday, March 27, 2020

Rub on Watercolor

In my stamp group we have decided to take turns each week and have a challenge for us to work on and the first one is to use a technique where you use the sheet that comes with your clear stamp set, add your watercolor to the back of the sheet and then smoosh it onto your paper.  Now for these I used watercolor paper but the other girls in the group had better luck with regular card, so I am going to try that out in the future and see which one I like best.

You can watch the video HERE as you can see she does all the smooshing of her color first and then stamps here image over it, and that is how I did this first one.  I used Distress inks that I watered down on my palette for the cage, flower and leaves and the oxide ink for the butterfly.


Hot off the press - Mystic Garden stamp set and Black Jewel stickers
Paper smooches - Happy Birthday sentiment
Distress inks - Abandoned coral, Hickory smoke, Mowed Lawn
Distress Oxide - Scattered Straw
PPD - Distressed Edge Rectangle

The girls in the group were talking that they are going to try stamping first and then smooshing the ink on which to me sounded a lot easier so I decided to try another card using the same stamp set doing the technique that way. I added a few splatters of some yellow sparkle marker that I watered down for the background.


Hot off the press - Mystic Garden stamp set
Distress Oxide - Faded Jeans
BasicGrey - Periphery paper
Spectrum noir - Sunshine yellow sparkle pen
Recollections - lace on a roll
Cuttlebug - corner die cuts

Hope you are all staying well,
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by, let me know if you decide to try this technique!

Connie


15 comments:

April said...

Your cards are beauiful! I love both of them. xx

Diane said...

Fabulous cards Connie, I need to watch a watercolor video to learn how to use them.

Hugs Diane

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Your cards are just lovely. Very interesting edging on your first card.

Anonymous said...

I would never have thought of this, Connie. They turned out so well! Great job!!

Esther Asbury said...

Both cards are beautiful! I love how they are mostly black and white with just a pop of color!

Louca por porcelana said...

They are adorable!Hugs!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Beautiful cards, Connie. Such an interesting and creative technique. Thinking of you during this difficult time and hoping you and family stay safe and healthy. Hugs xo Karen

aussie aNNie said...

wow fabulous, love these cards and off to watch the video...you can never watch too many of these.xx

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Connie! Your combination of stickers and stamps is lovely, especially with the black and white background. Such an intriguing, pretty frame! Great idea with the splattered-smooshed background on the second creation! hugs, de

Donna Phelan said...

Oh yes I watched her video the last time you shared it, pretty cool and clever! Your cards came out beautifully! Love the collage style look! And that background die cut is fantastic, never saw it before!

Darlene said...

You did a GREAT job on both cards Connie! I tried this technique the other day but I don't think my stamp set was the right one to use ... will give it a go another time because I really like the look! Great inspiration ... thanks! Stay healthy!

Debbie said...

this is a great group of girls you are involved with connie, all so creative and talented!!! this sounds like a very cool technique and it looks great!!

it is so hard when the virus attacks someone we know and love!! best wishes to her and those caring for her!!

take care of yourself connie!!!

Debbie said...

i think i "blended" 2 comments!!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Well, this is an interesting technique! I have to say it gives a really pretty result, and the stamp set is gorgeous. Your cards are beautiful, Connie!

Janice said...

Love your smooshed cards, I’ve not tried that technique before. The distressed die you used looks fab too, not seen that one before!