Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Back from the wedding

Well we really made it home Sunday night but have been to busy since to post. 

The wedding was just Beautiful, had a few worries there a couple of times but it turned out lovely.  It was a very HOT day in the Chicago area, and just after we made it back to the hotel that afternoon we had a Severe storm come through.   My camera just quit working the evening before I went to take pictures at the dinner that night and it just wouldn't take pictures anymore, by the time we made it back to the hotel stores were closed and the wedding was at 11:30 am so there wasn't any time that morning to run out.

The picture here is one that my brother in law took, it is a little blurry but you can get an idea.


My daughter didn't want to wear a veil, instead she had fresh white flowers throughout her curls.  The happy couple just made it to Vermont last night, yes they got lost once, at least that we know of, hope they enjoy there week and have good weather, they are hoping to get some hiking in.

Spent all day yesterday looking through ads and at stores for a new camera and I ended up with a Canon.  I use to have a Kodak and there are some new things to learn on this camera, so hopefully by the time I have to take pics of cards I will know what I am doing, it better be soon because I need a few birthday cards for next week.

Thanks so much for stopping by,
Connie

7 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Connie, I am so glad all went well!! Your dauhter looks beautiful in her dress and your new SIL looks pretty handsome in that suit as well! Sorry about your camera quitting on you, but it's a good thing that you were able to find something new! ;D Have a great week! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

JeanneLee said...

Connie, congrats to your DD and new SIL! How wonderful for your family!
Thanks also for continued prayers for my mom and DS.♥

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful, Connie! Congratulations to the kids and I'm so happy for you that it went well. Very sorry about the camera. I've liked Canons. --Yvonne

Shirley said...

A really beautiful couple! Thank you for sharing and it sounds like it all ended well! Congrats to gaining a son!

Melisa said...

Congratulations!

Debby said...

Congratulations !!Beautiful bride.Must have been exciting and emotional for you!

Leslie Miller said...

Wouldn't you know something like that would happen the day before the wedding! All turned out well, though, and I'm sure you'll wind up with lots of beautiful photos. Congrats to the happy couple!