Saturday, June 18, 2011

For my Dad

I used the Cricut cartridge "Give a Hoot" for this card, the trees and the deer.  The clouds were done using the Fiskar cloud punch.  Did a little chalking on the bottom of the clouds and on the hills.  I hand stitched the hills .


Well it has allready been a crazy morning, woke up and it didn't look too bad, was cloudy, but that's about it, let my dog out, went around and watered my hanging plants, and fed all the furbabies and then next thing I knew it was dark out and wind picked up and the sirens were going off.  I turned on the tv and we had Tornado warnings, went and woke up my hubby to see what he wanted to do, he looked out and said Wow that is really coming down isn't it and look at those trees blowing, I said Yea I didn't know if we should take cover or what and he said, well I am going back to bed, you can wake me up if it gets bad....... so I just kept going around and looking out all the windows to see if I saw anything coming.   Since we have had a lot of rain as of lately the ground is quite saturated and so our backyard is flooded halfway to our house, another half inch and our shed will be flooded, and it is still raining, I was going to take pictures but figured it wasn't worth getting hit by lightning to show you :)

VBS went very well this week, I am still exhausted and sore, but the kids seem to enjoy it so much.  We had just finished pieing the Pastors, something we told the kids we would do if we reached our missions goal, and were having a Pizza party when a storm came, everyone grabbed something and we all made it in to the church before it started to rain hard.


Thanks so much for taking out the time to stop by,
Connie

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love your really lovely dear and the clouds are the perfect touch too!

Susan (rainy) said...

What a great card for your dad, Connie. Sorry to hear about the flooding... hoping that your home stays safe and sound.