Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day

Hope everyone has been enjoying their weekend.  We had a nice treat yesterday afternoon, our daughter and son in law came back into town, and we had a cook out and later went to Orange Leaf, it's a place that sells yogurt ice cream and you pick from many flavors and toppings and you do it all yourself, and they weigh it and you pay 44 cents an ounce.  We knew our daughter would just love it and she ended up going a little crazy with all the choices and had to bring half of it home and put it in our freezer for the next time she comes home.

Todays card uses Miss Elizabeths Gone fishing Vellum stickers I found at the $ store.  I mounted the fish onto Creative Imagination Crackle cardstock stickers tag. That was layered onto Deja Views Butcher block paper, then added to some Corrugated cardboard packaging I had saved. The background Burlap paper was something I got free from some company in the mail wanting me to buy more or something it was awhile ago and I can't remember.


The bait sticker was applied to a round metal tag and I added some old photo ink to the background, added a loopy brad and some twine. mounted the dragonfly sticker onto cardstock and cut out. 
Sentiment stamp is from Hero Arts birthday messages set.

This is another sketch from the Papercrafts card ideas magazine page 70.

When my father in law came to visit us this week he brought the pictures from Amanda's wedding with him and I thought I would share one that I really liked out of the bunch.


I was her matron of honor and her colors were brown and green.

Hope you all have a great day today, hopefully you have the day off, my hubby had to work so no big plans for the day, hopefully some creative time :)

Thanks for stopping by,
Connie

4 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Awesome sticker card...you make them look so good!

Shirley said...

TFS, you are both beautiful!! and your card is very pretty too!

scrappinpeg said...

Awe Connie this is just awesome of you together. Hard to believe she is now married. Seems like it was just yesterday when you talked about her leaving for college! TFS....

Yvonne said...

I love all of the layers on your card! You pulled all of those elements together perfectly!

The picture of you and Amanda is lovely! You both look wonderful--love the colors! TFS!