Friday, June 15, 2012

Paper sack background

I was given this paper sack from a store in a small town in MO. and saved it thinking I may want to use it some day on a card and came across it the other day and thought it would go perfect with the Tim Holtz stamps I bought.



Tim Holtz The Journey stamp set (car) embossed with black embossing powder
Inkadinkado Greetings stamp set (sentiment)
Silver Rhinestone from Michaels
Fiskar border and corner punches
Shading with distress ink


Well I felt bad that I couldn't help out with Vacation Bible School this week, there is no way my ankle would have been able to withstand all the running around needed for that, but I got a call yesterday asking if I could sew together the flying caps that the kids didn't have time to do during there craft time, the theme was Aviation this year.  Well I worked on those for 7 hours yesterday and almost 2 hours this morning before I had to take them in, so I feel better that I was able to help out after all.

It is HOT down here, my outside thermometer says 97, sure makes you appreciate last week even more when we were in the low 80's.  My peppers seem to be taking off now that we put a netting over them, the birds were coming down and pecking at them to get at the seeds.

Hope your all staying cool,
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great weekend,
Connie

3 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

Love your repurposed background paper! Great guy card!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What an awesome masculine card Connie. Love the vintage looking paper... that car image is awesome.

Sarah said...

Oh, I just love that paper bag print! Great job of repurposing, and that car stamp is just a perfect complement!
Hugs!
Sarah