Thursday, April 23, 2015

100 Years

Wow can you imagine living to be 100 years old, especially at this time, so much has changed over these last 100 years.  A friends Aunt has turned 100 and she asked if the girls in our group would like to make her a card, and so this is what I came up with.  I was hoping to have a plant pick coming out of the bouquet with 100 on it but it looked to big with the flowers so I added it to the pot instead.


Spellbinders -- Flower pots, Foliage and Back to basics tags dies
Heartfelt Creations -- Delicate Asters die
Taylored Expressions -- Whimsy #'s die and Many minis Occasions stamp set
BasicGrey -- Lilykate paper
Pearl Pen -- Bronze (flower centers)
Close to my heart -- Brad on tag

We had a touch of frost last night so I had to go out and cover my peppers I planted a couple days ago.  Hopefully we will have warmer nights from here on out.  Usually we are complaining it goes from winter to summer here way to fast but this year we are having some lower than normal temps.

Hope the weather where you are isn't too cold or snowy.  My family in Michigan said they had a touch of snow, you just never know.

I have a family of rabbits in our yard and I managed to finally capture a good picture of one last night that didn't run away, as soon as I figure out how to get the picture off my phone, LOL, I will share it with you all, they are just so tiny.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and letting me know you stopped by,

Connie

15 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Well done, Connie, great work!
Have never made a 100 card but this is lovely bright and cheery,
Shaz in ozx

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a perfect card for your friend's aunt, Connie. I'll bet she'll be thrilled with all the hand made cards.
I also loved your card for the new baby...so sweet!

Kelly-Anne said...

...Living to 100... How amazing that must be! You have created a lovely card for the occasion, Connie and I know the dear lady will be so touched! And one can never get tired of flowers!!
Here in South Africa we are awaiting some Autumn rain, but we have not been blessed with any as yet... The nights are getting cooler and I can't wait for the chilly weather to really set in:)
Hope your peppers stay safe!
Much love and hugs,
Kelly-Anne

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Connie, what a beautiful card! Wow, yes, 100 is a big number and a lot of years to see so many changes in our world! I hope your peppers will be fine and will grow delicious! Hugs, sweet friend!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Beautiful!!
I am seeing more and more 90 year olds doing quite well ( I am a Nurse). It seems to be those of our generation whose life expectancies have dropped though...
Thanks so much for visiting!!

Hugs,
Deb

Debby Ray said...

Oh Connie...what a lovely card! I am so sure this sweet aunt will love it. You know, I had a sweet aunt who lived to be 103! She passed about a year and a half ago, a couple of months after her birthday. I wrote a couple of posts about her...one on this blog called "Bittersweet" and also on my other blog about my childhood memories. It is such a blessing to have lived such wonderful long lives! Have a great Friday :)

Leslie Miller said...

Awwww, she'll appreciate this pretty pot of flowers, Connie. She should get 100 cards! She's seen a lot of changes over the years, that's for sure. I'm looking forward to the bunny pictures.

Poppy said...

A beautiful card for this magnificent milestone birthday!! Lovely design and colurs, Connie! I'm certain the birthday girl enjoyed it.

Happy weekend!

Poppy

Esther Asbury said...

100 - Wow - what a milestone!
I love your pretty card - especially those polka dot flowers!!

Debbie Harris said...

That is a gorgeous card for this lady turning 100, what a milestone for her. I love the idea of the flowers, any lady loves flowers.

I look forward to seeing your rabbits.:-) we have a pet rabbit, Lakota is his name. He is potty trained and runs loose in the house. He is our third pet rabbit and we sure enjoy them.

Have a beautiful blessed week-end, Connie.
Debbie

Debbie said...

as always, it's beautiful!!! what a milestone, i have mixed emotions about living that long!!!!

Shirley said...

Connie, she will love this and, no, I can't imagine living to be 100. It's also amazing how some of them still get around. Love those die cut flowers too! Beautiful!

Ellen Taylor said...

Fabulous card to mark such a milestone! I bet she has a lot of stories to tell with all she has seen in a hundred years!

Susan (rainy) said...

100! That is amazing... just like your card. Wonderful dimension and design. Sure she loved it.

Cheryl said...

I can't imagine being 100 years old! She is going to love this card! The flowers and leaves look amazing!!!