Monday, May 11, 2015

Bunny and Mother's Day

My hubby was able to get the picture off my phone and way too easy too.  We had a strawberry patch planted close to the house and these are some weeds we hadn't cut back yet that the little guy or gal was hiding behind, so tiny, I haven't seen them since but have seen their Momma around a few times.


Isn't that just adorable, I so wanted to see if I could pick them up but I let them alone.

We have been having quite a bit of rain for the past few days but Sunday morning started off so nice and sunny, just Beautiful couldn't have asked for a better morning.  After our church service we headed home and my hubby cooked us steaks on the grill.  Had a lovely hour talk with my daughter on the phone (she will be here in a week )  and then it started getting quite dark out and the rain came back and it is still raining this morning, our ditch out back is flooded but so far isn't coming up into the yard yet.  I hear there are so many people dealing with flooding and snow.

My hubby made me a Mother's day card.  Ever since he started doing these Mosaic type art he has printed off little squares of his artwork he has done in the past and he is adding them to his little mosaic creations.  The one he used on my card is a painting he had done of me taken from a picture he took of me when we were dating, he did a pretty good job of capturing me, I should have looked for the photo to show you.

Because my lighting isn't very good this morning with all the rain you can't see all the sparkle that is on this card.  The framing was done by cutting up a couple background dies and then inlaying the sparkle paper. He framed the picture with more little tiny squares.


Hope you had a nice weekend and that your week is off to a very nice start too!

Thanks so much for stopping by,
Connie

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Awww... what a sweet bunny :) I'm sure it was enjoying the sweet strawberries.

I just love that your husband makes you cards! The two of you make quite the team :) Have a lovely week! Hugs!

Christine said...


Hi Connie! Aren't you blessed to have a thoughtful creative hubby who takes the time to make you a special card?!
Sweet wee bunny!

Leslie Miller said...

Awww, that bunny is so sweet, Connie! My, what big eyes and ears he has! Goodness, your hubby is getting more and more creative every day. His card is just awesome!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Hi Connie - I think that is the sweetest thing that your hubby made you that card! The tiny bunny is just adorable. xo Karen

Monika/Buzsy said...

Wow! This is amazing! He is so creative and so very thoughtful. The words are perfect framing your portrait.