Thursday, July 9, 2015

Get well

One of the girls from my on line cardmaking group asked if we could make a card for her friend that just had a heart attack.  She is single and doesn't have much family so she thought receiving lots of cards would help cheer her up.

I attempted to ink the stamp in different colors for the word rainbow and Blue, but I ended up going over that part with a blue marker and the portion that is green in rainbow is also gone over with a marker, it was just to light of ink to read.  The border has been colored with a marker, thought it needed a touch of color too.  The paper and the tag came from a British card making magazine, I just added a spellbinder die behind tag so it wouldn't blend in with the paper so much.


Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady paper and tag from Cardmaking and Papercrafting magazine
Spellbinders -- Classic ovals and Big scalloped Ovals dies
JustRite -- My Rainbow stamp set
Lace
Enamel Accents -- white
Brad

We spent the day yesterday over in St. Louis visiting Randy and baby Evelyn at two different hospitals.  Randy has his chest tube out now and his scraps on the outside are healing, his clavicle that he broke along with his ribs are still hurting pretty bad but they will be taking him off the epidural possibly today and if he can tolerate the pain, he may be going home soon. They have started Physical Therapy on his legs and have him walking.

Baby Evelyn is doing pretty good, they have given her a surgery date in a couple of weeks to try and connect her small intestine back up, she is just a little angel, even with all the wires I was able to hold her for a few minutes.  I forgot to ask her mom if it would be ok for me to share some pictures of her on my blog so I will have to do that and maybe share closer to the date of her surgery.

I thank you so much for your prayers for both of our friends.

Thanks so much for stopping by and saying hello, I appreciate it,

Connie

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are so thoughtful, my friend. I know the dear lady will enjoy this card and be blessed by your kindness.

Thinking of Randy and baby Evelyn and keeping them in my prayers. Hugs to you!

Diane said...

Gorgeous paper, lace trim and design Connie.

Hugs Diane

CherylQuilts said...

Connie, you are a dear friend, and this is a beautiful card that will cheer this woman. I love the beautiful paper from Britain. And praise God for the wonderful update on Randy and sweet baby Evelyn! Hugs, sweet, friend!

Debbie said...

it's beautiful connie, i love the comradery in the blogging community!!!!

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Hi Connie! Beautiful card. Speeding recoveries and prayers to your loved ones!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Connie, Your card will bless the heart of the receiver. Just lovely. Prayers for your friends. xo

Leslie Miller said...

I'm sure the cards will cheer her up. Such a thoughtful gesture. And your card is so beautiful. I love how you colored the sentiment, and the paper is just gorgeous. An encouraging update on your friend and baby Evelyn.

Krystal Kats said...

Beautiful paper trimming! I'm sorry to hear about all the sickness and problems with the baby. May God Bless them and heal them soon. It's no fun having pain and poor sweet baby, I'm glad she is doing pretty good right now. Prayer for them all. Hugs Kat