Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Masculine Birthday

This is going out to my first nephew, we are only 8 years apart in age.  He was the first kid I babysat.  He will always have a special place in my heart.

I used Sponge Daubers to color this stamp in with distress inks, so the coloring went very quickly. I embossed the image first with Black embossing powder.


The strip of burlap was a left over seam piece that I had used on another project and I saw it laying on my desk and thought it would be a nice rustic touch to the card.  The paper is a piece that my friend gave me when she got rid of some papers she didn't want anymore, so I don't know who the maker of that paper is.

Artistic Outpost -- The Outpost stamp set, embossed with Black embossing powder, colored w/ distress inks
Spellbinders - Lg. Deckled Rectangles and Labels 29 for sentiment tag
Mark Richards -- nail heads
Our Daily Bread design -- Mini tag sentiment stamp

I am sharing my card today over at Stephanie's Roses of Inspiration link up . Stop by and check it out.

Thanks so much for taking the time today to stop by,  Have a wonderful day!!

Connie

19 comments:

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Connie, what a wonderful card. I am sure it will be very special to your nephew. Love the details you add with the burlap. Also love your make a wish card below too. You do such wonderful work!! Have a great day! xo

Debbie said...

what a GREAT card for a man!!! i think you have mastered this!!!!

Krystal Kats said...

very pretty, burlap is so popular right now. I like how you used it in your card, that is really a cool idea. Very pretty! have a wonderful day! Hugs

Stephanie said...

I absolutely love this card, my friend. Every little detail is fabulous :)

Wishing you a beautiful afternoon, sweet Connie! Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

Another one of your perfect masculine cards! Every detail meshes perfectly. It seems like you have a lot of nephews, so it's a good thing you're so accomplished with the masculine cards. I have two nephews and a niece who are just a bit older than me. We were more like cousins when we were growing up.

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Connie, I love this masculine card, and I love the layout and general composition. Yes, you do have a lot of male cousins, so like Leslie said, it's a good think you are amazing at making masculine cards! This one is a real favorite for me, and I'm sure your cousin will love it. It's fun to know he was the first kid you babysat for! Hugs and love!

Roosterhead Designs said...

Oh girl this is gorgeous! And a great 'guy' card too~
I like everything about it! the BG papers, the image, distressing... And you are so creative when it comes to masculine cards; I think a lot of us are a bit jealous : ) LOL Take care & God bless, Karen

Pam Sparks said...

handsome! fabulous card Connie!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful windmill setting. I'd love to visit that scene!

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

I just love this card, especially with the rustic touch. I would love one of those windmills myself.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic masculine card Connie. Your nephew will love it! The sponging looks great on the scene images. I like the burlap too.

Debby Ray said...

That is one fabulous card, Connie...a card any man OR woman should appreciate receiving! You are so very talented :)

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Very nice card, Connie! This one is frame-worthy, I think! Blessings for your week. xo Karen

Alex said...

Goodness, Connie, you have been busy!
This one has a fresh, outdoorsy feel ~ ideal. What a nice Auntie you are!
Burlap is such a useful material for country type things.



Anna said...

Lovely card and blog !
Thanks for your visit !
Anna

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Fantastic card and just perfect for a guy!
Have a lovely week.
Hugs,
Marie

Daniela said...

Your art doesn't know any limit, dearest Connie, this card is really wonderful !

Sending dear hugs to you,
with thankfulness and esteem
Dany

Esther Asbury said...

Absolutely perfect masculine card!! Love how you added that strip of burlap!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

What an awesome card!!!
the touch of burlap was a creative touch!!!
tfs:)
chat