Saturday, January 2, 2016

Close to nature

My hubby's niece's birthday is a couple days from Christmas so I always try and do something far removed from Christmas so that her birthday feels extra special.  I stamped and colored the flower twice so that I could pop it up to give a little more dimension to the card.


I sanded the embossed area so that it would stand out a little more. I kept the cardstock in the folder while sanding it.  Tied the tag onto the ribbon with a bit of twine.

Here is a side view to show a bit of the dimension.


Stampin up -- Close to nature stamp set, colored w/markers
Quickutz -- Vines embossing folder
Spellbinders -- Captivating Squares dies
Stamps of life -- minis 4 circles sentiment stamp
Martha Stewart -- tag punch
Offray ribbon
American crafts twine

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment, it means a lot!!  Hope your enjoying your weekend.

Connie

10 comments:

Daniela said...

I'm always delighted to come and visit you here, my darling Connie, with your wonderful cards you always put me in good spirit, even if I'm tired or I happen to be a little 'down in the damps' you always put a smile on my face, thank you sweetie !

Have a blessed end of the week
Dany

Anonymous said...

Connie, gorgeous! I love the embossed light blue. It looks so delicate like a beautifully iced cake.

Debbie said...

So thoughtful of you to make her birthday special!!

Debbie said...

this is a nice technique, i forgot to say that!!!!

Roosterhead Designs said...

Connie your card is lovely! Your work is fresh and innovative, reminding me of techniques I love!
Like the beautifully done distressing on the emboss! (Why do I forget to try that!?: ) Thank you for sharing! ~Karen O

Leslie Miller said...

I remember this set. So pretty! This is just gorgeous in the blue. Very feminine and soft. Love sanding my cardstock. Never thought to keep it in the folder. Good idea!

Krystal Kats said...

Happy New Year Connie,

That's a good idea to keep her birthday special and way not looking like Christmas or the holidays! Love your idea and the card is adorable.

HUgs

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Love the colors!! So Pretty!
Thanks so much for once again stopping by!
Hugs,
Deb

ChristineCreations said...

That’s just so pretty Connie! I love the pretty flower...lovely colouring and a nice background with the embossing too!

Cindi (aka iring) said...

Happy New Year Connie! Your card is so pretty! Nice coloring and dimension on the flower. I need to remember your tip to leave the paper in the embossing folder while sanding.