Friday, July 1, 2016

Cottage

I saw these tri fold cards at the Scrapbook convention this spring and they looked so neat I had to give them a try, so I saved my first time trying it out for my sisters card.

I used watercolor paper on this one, colored it with Distress inks, Distress markers and Spectrum Aqua markers.


Once again I had to use a paper clip to keep it closed to get this first shot, the card does not stay like this on it's own.  I didn't notice this until I was cutting the last panel but I stamped the left side panel over to the right too far, it should have been up against the fold more, but I needed to get this out in the mail so I had to just let it go.  The stamp set gives you the measurements of where to line the stamps up as far as up and down it was my fault I didn't stamp closer to the fold.

Here it is semi open.


And here it is all the way open, I like how you have an area at the bottom to add your sentiment to it.


I bought two of these type stamps, you may be seeing the other one in a couple months for my other sisters birthday :)

Art Impressions -- Cottage Tryfolds stamp set.
Water colored using Distress ink, Distress markers and Spectrum Aqua Markers
Stickles -- Shabby shutters on the flower centers

Hope you all enjoy your weekend ahead, my next post will be on Monday, I will have another Dies R us post then.

Thanks so much for stopping by today,
Connie

16 comments:

Cheryl said...

I am going to start making a few cards. There, now I've committed myself to actually doing it right? lol... Your an inspiration thats for sure :-)Always doing such beautiful work!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Isn't it amazing how the card making world changes so fast.....who would have thought they would make stamps to do this. And now there's even gatefold embossing folders with a coordinating die. Such a cute card with a lot of time put into it. Thanks for sharing this new technique with us.

Donna Ellis said...

Thanks for sharing your new goodies! I didn't know about them!. Your card is charming, Connie! Hugs, de

Debbie said...

such a cute card and a neat idea!! this would make a great "welcome to your new home card"

Unknown said...

Oh I love the fold on your fun and beautiful card! Great stamp set, love that garden nook! Pretty cool!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Very sweet, Connie! I love the soft colors and of course, anything 'cottage' catches my eye! Happy 4th, my friend. Hugs xo Karen

Marie-Louise said...

Connie this is gorgeous. Great colouring.

April said...

I love how yours turned out. Great coloring. Good job!

Leslie Miller said...

This is just so pretty, Connie! I love this stamp set and your sister will absolutely adore this card! Look at all your coloring and it turned out great! I have one of these AI sets waiting for me to use it. Mine is cats. What I really love is that each stamp can be used on its own, too. I was concerned about how it would stay closed, but I imagine the mail will flatten it out so when it's received it will be nicely closed. And what a treat to open each fold. A nice surprise!

Lowcarb team member said...

Another very nice card ...

Wishing you a great weekend

All the best Jan

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Connie,
This so so pretty!! Love it! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
We are still deciding what to do with the patio fake brick. But we are going to put it off until next year.....
Happy 4th!!
Hugs,
Deb

Stephanie said...

This card is definitely another favorite of mine. I just love the sweet little cottage :)

Happy 4th of July, my friend. Hugs!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Connie, oh this is adorable. I love anything with a cottage and this card really is sweet. Hope you and yours enjoy a Happy 4th of July! xo

Monika/Buzsy said...

Amazing card Connie. So creative... love the scene, the folds... nice coloring!

Daria said...

I don't really understand what you mean by not stamping close enough to the fold. It looks perfect to me! It also looks like a lot of hard work, but it is a fabulous card. Beautiful coloring and design. Your sister is going to love this. TFS. Daria