Friday, August 5, 2016

Bluebird

Well honestly I am not sure if this is suppose to be a bluejay or not but I decided to color him that way.  This comes from a set of Martha Stewart bird stamps and there are no names of what the birds are, so that gives you license to color them anyway you want :)


Wow no pattern paper here, I know a shock huh, I have been doing a few like that here lately, not sure what has come over me.  But I am sure it won't last long, I have too many papers that need to be used. I did do some inking around the die before taking the paper out of the die and then added a little darker blue around the edges after taking the image out of the die.

Martha Stewart -- Bird Stamps, colored w/ markers
Spellbinders -- Labels 29
Gina Marie stamps -- Birthday words sentiment stamp
Gems

We had a day without rain yesterday and this morning it has rained again, it has been great for my garden, saving us money on having to water that's for sure, but I could really use less humidity.  I will have to say though we were really blessed with a nice spring this year, so that was nice.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and for leaving your comments, it's neat to hear from you,

Connie

15 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

I own that stamp and have never used it! Thanks for the inspiration, Connie! It looks great as a blue jay, and your magnolia bloom is so pretty and softly colored! hugs, de

Christine said...

I love how you accentuated the pretty edge of the card by inking. Love the bluebird!
Great job!
Hope you enjoy your weekend!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very pretty! I like this stamp as a blue jay and I bet it would be fun to color other ways too. I like the label die you used for the overall card shape and the pretty sponging around it!

Unknown said...

Pretty Bluebird, gorgeous flower. Love the clean and simple look! (although they are difficult for me....sigh....)

Oliva Ohlson said...

Lovely bluebird card...very clean & simple!!!
I agree with you...humidity can go away even though it helps minimize my wrinkles...LOL!!!

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous Connie. Great colouring.

Alex said...

That's so pretty ~ I love blue with pink. What a sweet bird stamp :)

I hope you can find somewhere shady and refreshing to relax in with all the humid heat...It's a free *steam bath!*
Enjoy your week end!

Hussena said...

Such beautiful coloring, Connie. Amazing card and it's so good to hear you had a nice spring time this year :)

April said...

I love this bird stamp! Sweet card. Great job!

Leslie Miller said...

It looks just like the blue jays we have around here. That crest gives them away. I always think it makes them look like little hooligans, especially with them being so noisy and all. What a beautiful stamp and you colored it so beautifully, too! Also love the die cut card base and your soft sponging. That "lots of white space" thing comes over me sometimes, too, but I also have lots of DP to use up, so the white doesn't last long. This is really gorgeous, Connie, and I sure enjoyed seeing it today!

Debbie said...

it looks like a bluejay, you did good with color selection!!! i like the solid paper, with the inked edges, i did that a lot when i was scrapbooking and i always liked the way it looked!!! have a wonderful weekend!!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the bluejay ...

Glad you had some rain - it always helps to water the gardens.

Enjoy your weekend

All the best Jan

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Love that sweet blue jay!! Thanks again for dropping by!
Hugs,
Deb

Kim said...

Sweet card, Connie. The little blue jay is so pretty. 'Tis nearly Spring down here at the bottom of the world.....can't wait for all the spring happiness.

Janice said...

I love the shape of your card and your colouring is gorgeous!