Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving

My sister in laws birthday is just before Thanksgiving so I made a little 3 3/4 inch square thanksgiving card to put in with her birthday card this year.


Studio G -- Pumpkins stamp, colored w/markers and Alphabet stamp set
Spellbinders -- Lattice Rectangles die
Lawn Fawn Big Scripty Words stamp and Die set

The Thanks I cut twice to give a shadow but I don't like how the stamping of it came out onto the textured cardstock.

Next is the birthday card I sent her.



This is a new stamp set I hadn't used before and I think it is just too cute.

Great Impressions -- Valentine Bird Houses colored w/markers
Die-Namics -- Cross stitch rectangles die
BasicGrey - Picadilly paper
Martha Stewart -- Border punch
Sizzix-- Branch w/leaves die
K&co. - Birthday & Celebrate Vellum Stickers

Wishing all my American Friends a very Happy Thanksgiving, may you share a wonderful day with family and friends,  and to all of you I am thankful for our on line friendships we have, you make my days bright, thanks for being apart of my life :)

Thanks so much for stopping by,

Connie

12 comments:

Christine said...

Really cute, sweet cards! I especially love the wee birdies and their bird houses!
Wishing you and your family a very blessed Thanksgiving!

Donna Ellis said...

oooooh! gorgeous birthday card for your SIL, Connie! Those delicate vines hanging down from the bird house panel really bring the loveliness of nature out! And your Thanksgiving card is especially beautiful, with the wonderful background, and pretty design elements! Happy Thanksgiving! hugs, de

Celestina Marie said...

Oh just a beautiful card for your sil's birthday. She will love it and the extra surprise with the Thanksgiving card too. I am always in awe of the beauty in the details you add.
Happy Thanksgiving filled with blessings. xo

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

H Connie two superb creations made for your SiL, skilful creations, well done! You could fussy cut the two ends off the die "thanks if you wanted the tails to be even with edge. I often change Die cuts.
Thanks for sharing, and for your comment on Mondays post.
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Alex said...

I love them both! The little thanksgiving card is so adorable! But then the birdies are too...lucky little couple with FOUR houses to choose from, hehhe

Now I have an even better understanding of just how crisp, neat and precise your workmanship is my dear Connie, thanks to your one to me. These, no doubt are the same.
Blessings! x

Unknown said...

Sweet, sweet cards! Love the cute little Thanksgiving one and her birthday card is lovely! Love those birds and all of those bird houses, such a happy card!

Debbie said...

beautiful cards...i like those smaller ones, they are also great for packages - like tags, no envelope!!

the design of the birthday cards is especially clever, again, so many little, wonderful details. "love" those bird houses!!!

Stephanie said...

Lovely cards, my friend.

I hope you had a most blessed Thanksgiving. I'm so thankful for you. Hugs and joy!

Leslie Miller said...

Connie, I adore both of these cards! I saw the first and thought how you just get more and more creative, and then you shared the second, as well. Love those pumpkins AND the birdhouse stamp! These cards make me feel happy, and that's what it's all about!

Lowcarb team member said...

Two lovely cards, I especially like the little bird houses - they look so good.

I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving.

Sending good wishes for the upcoming weekend

All the best Jan

Janice said...

Both lovely cards, i especially like the birthday card. The bird houses are so cute!

Hussena said...

Both the cards are so amazing. I absolutely love the birthday card you sent. The bird-houses look so cute!