Saturday, January 13, 2018

Happy together

When I saw this stamp I said Awwwweee is that ever cute.   I just had to use it on my daughters birthday card.  Now as you can see I had a bit of trouble with this Arbor sign post.  it comes in a few pieces so that you can hand the sign from either side of the post, which probably would have been ok if I was gluing it right down to my card but I wanted it to be free standing, you should have seen me trying everything I had to get this to stay straight and I had it until I went to take the picture and it dropped again. 


Here is a close up of this too cute stamp.


There was a couple of little flowers in the set also so I stamped them a few times to make a border, now looking at it I wish I would have cut around them like I did the girl, the things we learn after we have sent the card.

My Favorite things - Happy together stamp set, colored w/markers
Sizzix - Basic Stepups die
Taylored Expressions -- Arbor Sign post die and Many mini occasions sentiment stamp
Spellbinders - Whimsical tree die
Poppystamps -- country fence die

The bitter cold has settled in one again, with the windchill this morning we were at 1 degree.  Hope you are all enjoying a nice weekend and staying warm!

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop in today,

Connie

11 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

Sweet stamp! Love your step fold card, perfect for your daughter's birthday! Everything looks fine from here (never confess!) lol Hope she has a happy day!

Leslie Miller said...

Awww, this is darling, Connie! The lamppost with tree, the little fence, and the flower garden are all perfect ideas for your step card. I have trouble coming up with ideas for those and need to work on it. Sweet little girl and pretty blue. Stay warm and cozy!

Linda Walker said...

Oh my gosh, this is too cute Connie! Your daughter will love it for sure! It was warmer for a bit, near 50 yesterday but heading into bitter cold again....stay warm my friend! Hugs,
Linda

Beth Norman said...

Wow, you knocked this one out of the woods. It is gorgeous Connie. Your daughter will love it. I love side step cards. Your colouring is amazing. Hugs.

Louca por porcelana said...

Soooo cute!Hugs!

Debbie said...

Awww, you put so much love and work into your cards! I'm glad things worked out, the stamp is adorable, perfect for you daughter!!

Diane said...

Absolutely adorable design Connie, I have had days like that when the paper is sticking to my fingers and not where I want it to.

Hugs Diane

Birgit said...

It is a darling image and an even more darling card! Your daughter will love it, I'm sure! Too bad about the sign not staying up. Could you try cutting another one and glueing to the back to make it thicker?

Janice said...

A pretty stepper card for your daughter, I’m sure she will love it ;-)

Lowcarb team member said...

This is just so cute ... my grand-daughter would love it!

All the best Jan

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute card Connie. Love the sweet image. Great side-step card! I haven't made one if a long time. The sign looks fantastic on the picture! Hopefully you found a way to get back on the card. :)