Saturday, August 25, 2018

Old Stuff

The next challenge our group had was to use our old goodies.  Well I have been card making for over 15 years now so you can only imagine the old things I have.  One of the oldest and one I haven't used in some time is my rub ons, so I broke them out and thought how I am going to use these.  I came up with applying them to my scraps of old paper I have, cut them out and apply them to an old tag my sister sent me that I wasn't too sure of the saying on the front so I covered the tag with more scraps of paper.


I also used some ribbon that I saved from a present and the stem is an old stamp from 2003.

Making Memories - Doodles rub ons, placed one paper scraps and cut out
Stampin up - stem stamp
Gina Marie - Birthday words sentiment stamp

I always like a challenge that gets me to use some of my forgotten goodies and it is so nice that the rub ons still work after all these years.

Thanks for stopping by, Hope you have a wonderful and creative weekend!

Connie

11 comments:

Gina said...

Connie, I love to read all your challenge posts. That tag is so cute and hooray that your rub-ons still work. I had a bunch of them that didn't anymore. I was quite disappointed! The flowers on your tag look very happy!

Kim said...

Wow, you have been imagining your beautiful cards for 15 years!! I can imagine how fun it is to go through all your stash and decide upon which pretties to use. You must have one amazing collection of bits and pieces. This little gift card with the blossoming flowers is sweet, Connie.

Debbie said...

this is so pretty connie, made from forgotten treasures. this tag will be perfect for a special birthday gift!! i can't images all you have acquired after 15 years of card making. i use to use rub-ons all the time!!

Diane said...

Wow Connie what a pretty tag design.

Hugs Diane

aussie aNNie said...

Pretty tag Connie, lovely design and the paper is so pretty..15 years of card making, wow, do you sell your cards? I donate mine to charity but always end up with more too many of them.xx

Louca por porcelana said...

How adorable!Hugs,my friend!

Lowcarb team member said...

Very nice indeed :)

I hope your weekend has been a good one.
We've had a lot of rain today in my part of the UK …
Autumn (Fall) is just around the corner.

Have a good new week ahead.

All the best Jan

Beth Norman said...

How cute. I forgot all about rub ons. So whimsical.

Esther Asbury said...

I too have lots of "old" stuff -- though I do try to go through it from time to time and purge out the things I don't think I'll use. (I have a friend who enjoys my "cast-offs!") Love how you used your rub-ons -- such a pretty card!

Leslie Miller said...

You have the cutest rub ons! I don't know why I never got around to using mine and then gave them all away. They were mostly sentiments. I sure have plenty of other old stuff, though, and love mixing it up with the new. This is such a cute card, Connie! Those flowers are darling and look great on the tag.

Linda Walker said...

Very cute tag! I have never used rub ons....looks amazing!