Thursday, October 24, 2019

Bee-utiful

I have been gone for almost 2 weeks. We went up to Michigan first to have a day with our siblings and then headed out to Connecticut to visit our daughter, we had a good but very quick visit, she is a very busy girl in her 3rd year of getting her Doctorate in Theology.  I took some pictures of some of the Yale campus but don't know if any of them turned out yet, but I will share if they did. 

Today I am sharing a new stamp set I bought at the scrapbook convention that I hadn't tried yet.


I stamped and colored it with markers off to the left side so that I could use this die cut for the right side of my card. The bee was lifted up with foam tape and I added some diamond stickles to the wings.

Dare2BArtzy- Bee-utiful Stamp set, colored w/markers
Sizzix - Tim Holtz - Mixed Media die
Basic Grey - Periphery Paper
Stampendous - Birthday assortment sentiment stamp
Distress ink - Peeled Paint around the edges
Stickles - Diamond on Bee wings and flower centers


I was able to view your posts while I was gone but a couple nights when we got back I was just too tired to think straight, so I am a little behind on visiting but hope to catch up soon :)

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me know :)

Connie

13 comments:

Darlene said...

It might have been a quick trip but I'm sure it was awesome none the less! This card is fabulous! Love that corner die and your new stamp is wonderful ... LOVE the Bee! Great job!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wowza! This card is gorgeous. Love your new stamp. And that die goes so well with your stamp.

You really are a traveler. I always enjoy your photos so fingers crossed they turn out

Debbie Harris said...

Love the Bee!
That corner die is beautiful, the white cut out has the effect of a honey comb.

Short and sweet, sometimes those make for wonderful trips.
Look forward to some pictures should they turn out. :-)

Happy day to you~

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Such a pretty stamp, and a different style than most! I really like it with the die cut panel. Glad you are home safe from your trip! Sounds like it was fun!

Louca por porcelana said...

Amazing!Hugs!

Graça Gamito said...

I think Connie is always making better and better looking cards. The bee with its shadow make a very beautiful effect. Congratulations! Keep showing your work because I love to see it.

Debbie said...

i did not remember that you were going away!! as you know, i was away too and am also very behind on visiting but i think i am almost caught up now!!

i love the card, the layout, the "balance" the colors, so pretty!! and that cute little bumble bee, so darling!! i hope your pictures came out ok, i would enjoy seeing them!!!

Roosterhead Designs said...

Beautiful card Connie!! So glad I was able to pop in and see! I love that die cut~ And your design and bee are delightful! TFS and hope you have a nice weekend! Hugs & love, karen o

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the card.
Look forward to seeing some of your photographs … keeping fingers crossed they come out ok! I'm sure they will.

All the best Jan

Donna Phelan said...

Love that background die cut, so pretty. Your flowers look fab too. You should have popped up to The Cape, you were so close in CT. My hubby’s company did a lot of construction work at Yale, it’s so beautiful this time of year! 3 tries yesterday on my phone, did not work. Back home on my laptop! YAY!

Kim said...

How lovely you were able to visit your daughter at Yale, Connie. Love this card. The design is so sweet.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, Connie, this is gorgeous! I love the stamp and it's perfect with the die. Your trip sounds wonderful. I didn't realize you'd been gone so long. Catching up is time consuming. I'm behind without even going anywhere. My hurt arm makes it hard to spend too much time on the computer.

Cindi (aka iring) said...

Hi Connie!

Just popped in after clicking on an email saying you uploaded. This is one of my favorites of the cards I saw on your site! The cut out part looks great with the paper you chose and your flower is still front and center and beautiful. Plus nice little touches of glitter! Wonderful!