Saturday, June 6, 2020

Chalk Background challenge

Our stamp group challenge this week was to do a background using two background stamps. The first background you stamp using an embossing ink, let it dry. Then using chalks and a cotton ball you add chalk over the background. Then take a second background stamp and stamp over that using a darker ink.

I am going to share the second card I made first because I love how the background turned out on it.


I layered two wreaths on top of one another, the bottom wreath from black and the top from brown card stocks.  The bird is a layered stamp. Added some leaves and flowers.

RubberStampede - Geometric swirl background stamp, Stamped with Versamark then chalked with brown and tan chalks
2nd stamp - Fun Stampers Journey - Canvas prints background stamp, using Memento Rich Cocoa
Memory Box - Grapevine wreath die, cut from Black and Brown card stock
The Greetery - Robin and Wren stamp set
Martha Stewart - Flowers, Leaves and tag punches
Our Daily Bread designs - Mini tag sentiment stamp



My second card I was going for a Christmas theme, and hoping the background would look like a quilt since "Q" is our letter of the month to use.


I used the same swirl background but added a plaid on top.

Rubber Stampede - Geometric Swirl Background stamp, with versafine and then using red and green chalks over it
Stampin up - Stippled Plaid background stamp, with Fired Brick Distress ink
Diamond Press - Christmas stamp, using red berry sparkle pen



I don't have a lot of background stamps but like how these turned out.

I will be linking these with the
Simon Says background challenge

Hope you have fun creating this weekend!

Connie

11 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very nice Connie. I do love how your two backgrounds turned out. It's nice to see the same technique done in two different colours. You are so good to keep up with challenges. Have a nice weekend.

Darlene said...

WOW there's a technique I've never heard of or tried! GREAT JOB! Both card are awesome but I totally understand showing the 1st card first ... that background came together beautifully! Again ... awesome designs and inspiration! YOU GO GIRL!

Debbie said...

such beautiful cards, i also love the look of the quilt background. it's good to see you getting some christmas cards done!!!

Lowcarb team member said...

It's a beautiful looking card Connie …
Pleased you are also getting Christmas Cards done.

Enjoy your weekend.

All the best Jan

Kim said...

Another great technique resulting in fabulous results. I love how you have used the same background technique for the two cards but each one is completely different. Both cards look great, Connie.

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful cards -- I especially like that first one with the wreath and bird.

Louca por porcelana said...

Pretty cards!My fav is the first one.Have a lovely Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Connie. Both are so pretty! I think the Christmas one is my favorite. ♥

Birgit said...

These are both beautiful Connie! I do love the background on the first card so much. I had to re-read how you did it. I'm going to have to give this a try. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration!

Leslie Miller said...

Great cards, Connie! I always used to like using Versamark and chalks. You can do so many different things with coloring and shading. I found I like to spray with sealer after. Nice background stamps and perfect grapevine wreath.
I love the look of the bird.

Janice said...

Both cards are lovely, I particularly like everything about the first one. Another technique I’ve not heard of before and to add to my list to try!