Thursday, January 7, 2021

Winter Birds

 We have cardinals all year long here, but I decided to make a winter looking card with this guy.  The Happy Birthday was cut from a piece of dark brown cardstock but of course it looks black in the picture. This background is some paper that my sister gave me this past fall and I just thought it looked like a cool crisp winter sky.


This is a mini slim line card, I had come across these envelopes that a friend gave me years ago, they were among some bigger size envelopes and I didn't realize it, so I will be making more of these until I run out of those envelopes :)

  • Cheery Lynn Designs - Feathered Friends die
  • Memory Box - Happy Birthday Garland
  • Tim Holtz - Funky Floral #3 dies
  • Hot off the press - Great backgrounds paper
  • Stickles - Burgandy and Frosted Lace
  • Enamel accents - black
We really need to pray for our country, what happened yesterday at the capital was just crazy and should have never been even considered to happen.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

14 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Hi Connie, this is a very lovely and elegant card. The background paper is so perfect. Love the cardinal against the blue. Very eye catching.

I pray for your country as it was such a shame about yesterday. Stay safe.

Esther Asbury said...

What a pretty background on your bird card! I used a cardinal die today too --- only I turned mine into a blue jay!

Alex said...

Hi Connie, a very Happy New Year to you and your hubby! This card is so stylish, crisp and cool - perfect for winter - I really love what you did! Whoever gets it should be delighted!
Yes, I am shocked about yesterday and pray for the USA.
Hope you are having homely, cosy winter days despite what's going on out there!
Xxx

Debbie said...

such a beautiful card, i like this slim design!!

our country is in a very sad state right now, i hope things improve and these protesters stop acting like children!! actually, worse than children!!

Louca por porcelana said...

So cute!Blessings!

aussie aNNie said...

BEAUTIFUL, delightful bird and oh I have that Happy Birthday die, I forgot...great card. xx

Leslie Miller said...

I love this card size and I, too, started making them because I had a bunch of envelopes to match. Now I need to either find more envelopes or figure how to make my own. Your card is just right for the dies you used. Very pretty!

Tanza Erlambang said...

yes, we saw cardinals frequently in nature....

sweet card with beautiful color of Cardinal....

Donna Phelan said...

We do too, they're so majestic! FAB card, love the wintry feel!

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's beautiful, Connie xoxo

Birgit said...

I enjoy watching the cardinals at our feeders year round too, but they are skittish! Your card is beautiful Connie. I love the scalloped sentiment like that.

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card, Connie!

Lowcarb team member said...

A beautiful card.
Cardinals are such a wonderful colour aren't they.

All the best Jan

Janice said...

A stunning wintry card, I wish we had cardinals here :-(