Thursday, May 27, 2021

Space and bling

 The Let's Squash it Challenge for this month is Space and bling, use an embossing folder that has open space on it and some bling.  Well when I was going through the goodies that people have sent me I came across this embossed piece and it has open space and she had embossed it from shimmer cardstock, I thought it would be perfect.


The folder had 3 butterflies on it but they just didn't seem to stand out enough for me, so I stamped and die cut the big butterfly and I punched out the two smaller butterflies, and I don't know if pearls are considered bling but I added them to the butterfly bodies.

  • Embossing folder - unknown
  • Gemini - butterfly stamp and die
  • Martha Stewart - Butterfly punches
  • Pearls
You can see a little better in the close up the shimmer the cardstock had to it.


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

15 comments:

April said...

This is lovely! Beautiful shimmery paper and I love the butterflies you added.

Dotty Jo said...

That paper is gorgeous - love the colour and the shimmer. Your card is beautiful and I love how you've treated the embossing. Thanks for playing at Let's Squash It! Jo x

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's beautiful, Connie xoxo

R's Rue said...

So pretty

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful embossed background, pretty butterflies, and I LOVE the sentiment!!

aussie aNNie said...

wow love the space and bling and that delightful sentiment. Gorgeous card. xx
Have a lovely weekend....xx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

The shimmer on your card is beautiful. I like how you kept open space as the challenge. The butterflies don't overwhelm the embossed space at all, and by keeping your sentiment down low, you really did a fine job. I have trouble leaving space LOL.

Donna Phelan said...

I love that sentiment and the embossing is perfect for the butterfly trails! Really cute!

Darlene said...

Oh Connie this is so, so pretty and what a sweet sentiment. Sorry I've been MIA ... been down sick all week with a fever (bacterial infection) but I'm finally on the upswing so wanted to make a quick stop and tell you just how much I enjoy your stories & creations. Keep up the good work!

Connie said...

You leave a little sparkle in the hearts of everyone that receives one of your lovely and heartfelt cards. God bless you sweet friend.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the sentiment and those butterflies look great.

Enjoy your weekend.

All the best Jan

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, so pretty! I love the shimmery blue. I have this gorgeous folder and feel the same about the butterflies. I'll have to check if it's still in my NBUS basket. None of my butterfly dies seem to fit, but yours look fantastic!

Debbie said...

the butterflies are just lovely, and my favorite you know!! what a sweet sentiment, perfect for this card!!

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous. This could be a Couture Creations folder? Has that look. It's so pretty on the shimmer paper. Thanks for joining the Let’s Squash It! challenge. Hugz

Janice said...

Gorgeous CAS card, I love the embossing on the shimmery card.