Friday, June 7, 2013

Fathers Day

I had a hard time making this Father's day card for my Father in law, knowing that I wouldn't be making one for my Dad this year.  I miss my Dad so much.



Hot off the Press -- Instant card art for the sentiment tag and the tag I added Dad too.
K&co. -- Paper background
Graphic 45 -- Once upon time paper (green dotted paper)
Memory Box-- Parker Upper case alphabet die set (dad)
Spellbinders-- Labels Twenty-two and Classic Rectangles Lg dies
Michaels-- Screw Brads
Burlap

I am sore all over we spent the morning changing around our flowers and planting new ones, we had to tear out two bushes that bag worms ruined.  My strawberries are coming in quicker than I can deal with them and I have my first flowers on my green pepper plants!!  I love to watch things grow. 

I also have a new grand furbaby, my daughter and son in law adopted a kitten the other day, when I get a good picture I will have to post it, wish they were closer, but it sounds like if they are able to come and visit us in August they will be bringing her along :)

Wishing you a wonderful and relaxing weekend,
Thanks so much for stopping by,
Connie

8 comments:

Krystal Kats said...

Pretty card!
Wow your garden is in full swing. Sorry your body is hurting! well now time to rest and relax this weekend and make more cards. Have a great weekend.Hugs

Joann said...

Lovely card! Really like how you incorporated the burlap. I totally agree how fun it is to watch things grow : ) Your garden sounds just lovely. Enjoy your weekend!
Hugs xx

Stephanie said...

Wonderful card - I love the burlap! I never thought about using burlap for a card :)

I can't wait to see the kitten and I hope your soreness goes away soon!

Hugs to you!

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Nice card, I like the burlap. Your father in law will be pleased for sure. Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. ~ Abby

Monika/Buzsy said...

Great masculine card Connie. Love the dad sign with the hardware.

Krystal Kats said...

Hi Connie I miss my dad too! he will be gone for 9 years this year it is hard to believe. Hope you are having a great Monday! Hugs

Me, My Stamps and I said...

awesome card, Connie!!!
love the hardware!
tfs:)

Leslie Miller said...

Your first Father's Day without a father is hard and I'm sorry about that. You are kind and thoughtful to make this nice card for your FIL, regardless. You sound very busy in the garden. No strawberries for me this year, but I'm hoping for a good tomato crop.