Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Center Step Card

I wanted to do something a little different for my older sisters birthday so I made her a center step card, you can find the instructions on Splitcoaststampers.



Deep Red Cling stamps-- Bird and Roses, colored w/ markers
Spellbinders -- Labels Eight and A2 matting basics A dies
Memory Box-- Valencia Border die
EK Success -- Flower punches
Stickles -- Cinnamon and yellow, flower centers
Elizabeth Craft Designs -- Happy Birthday die
Queen & co. -- Yellow Sunshine Pearls

The memory box die is so delicate and I didn't know how I was going to attach it, I ended up putting a sheet of paper through my Xyron machine, then cut out the die and peeled away the backing paper and that worked great.  I also cut my first ones out with thinner paper and it actually worked better with the thicker paper.

Hope your having a good week,
Thanks so much for taking the time out to visit,

Connie

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh wow, this card is a beauty! I love the colors you chose - very "Fallish." :) Have a wonderful day, friend. Hugs!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

stunning!!!! bet it was fun to make !!!!tfs:)

Linda Carson said...

Oh your sister is going to l-o-v-e this beauty! Fabulous tip on those delicate dies too. Saw your pic on FB working w/SB!! What fun!

SarahGeorge said...

Oh wow! This is so beautiful Connie. Lovely card:)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, so pretty Connie. Love the beautiful image and the coloring. The yellow just pops. Great folds! I like little twists like a center fold to make your card 'unique'.

Cheryl said...

This is beautiful! I love that delicate die cut. Thanks for the tip to run the cs through the Xyron before die cutting it. I always hate having all that excess glue all over the place on the intricate die cuts.