Saturday, January 18, 2014

ODBDSLC186 Sketch

Our Daily Bread Design is doing a sketch for their challenge this week.  You can find the sketch and all the info on their Blog here.

I needed a card for my nephew, it is going to be late, but better late than never right :)


I found the burlap paper at JoAnns and it is much better to work with then plain burlap.  Also tried out my new stencil from Tim Holtz on the background of the tag.

Our Daily Bread Designs -- You will find Refuge stamp set and the Chickadee die colored w/ markers
Spellbinders -- A2 matting basics A
DCWV -- Burlap paper and Once upon a time paper pack
Tim Holtz -- Dot Fade stencil

Archivers is closing down in town here.  We went over to St. Louis and a stamp store that we haven't been to in a while is now gone, it is so sad.

Thanks so much for stopping by,
Connie

11 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Connie, I just love this Chickadee, and what a wonderful masculine card for this week's ODBD Shining the Light sketch challenge! Just love the burlap and the colors and your coloring! So sorry to hear about Archivers closing down in town, along with another store in St. Louis. It's a good thing for the internet, and how else would we have gotten to know you!! Warm hugs, and it's always a delight to "see" you and your cards on ODBD!

SarahGeorge said...

Pretty card for the beautiful verse! Love that bird :)

TLady said...

VERY NICE!!!!!!!! LOVE the EARTHY FEEL of this & the BIRD!!! (Wishing for Spring!) :) AND the verse!!!!:)

Stephanie said...

Oh I am in love with this card, Connie! I like anything with birds so this is right up my alley :) Hugs to you, friend!

Alshandra said...

What a fabulous card Connie! Love your use of burlap and that Chickadee is so cute (one of my favourite stamps!) Love your take on the sketch and thanks for joining us this week at ODBD Shining the Light challenge. Elizabeth

Leslie Miller said...

I love the chickadee, and altogether this is a perfect masculine card. Too bad about losing your craft stores. Our one and only papercraft store shut down a while back and it was so sad, but it wasn't long before they opened back up again. Happy dance! I've been doing my best to keep them open, if you get my drift. There is nothing like a fun trip to the papercrafts store, but thank goodness for online shopping, at least.

Linda Carson said...

That burlap paper looks so real! Very handsome card! Love your take on the sketch using a tag and placing the bird on the banner! Excellent! Thanks for taking time to join us this week Connie!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Your card is gorgeous Connie!! I just love the burlap, the tag and your added hemp with the banner!! It would be great for a guy or girl!! Beautiful take on the sketch!! Thanks so much for joining us at ODBD this week!!
hugs,
Chris

Shirley said...

Sorry to hear about the stores closing. :-( I don't have one close by either. Your card is naturally beautiful! I really like your cute bird and the stenciled BG, DP, and material are perfect for him, as well as that button with bow!! The black brads are a real winner too. Very pretty!

Kelley said...

Connie, awesome card! My favorite bird stamp. I am sure your nephew loved it!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

love it Connie!!!!!
and the burlap is such a nice touch!!!!
tfs:)