Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year

I hope your New Year has started off nice, I am enjoying a very nice sunny morning, and we are suppose to get above freezing today so that is always a good day in my book :)

Our niece's birthday is just a couple days before Christmas so I try to do her a card totally the opposite of winter, and this stamp set did just that.  I highlighted the word sunshine in the sentiment and popped it up with dimensional tape.


I tried to color the cat with a look of texture to his fur, still need practice on that.  The tree frame was cut out on white cardstock and then colored with markers.

Newton's nook designs -- Daydream stamp set, colored w/markers
Colorbok-- Homespun papers
Memory Box -- Orchard Tree frame and Debutante Frame

Thank you to all of you that stop by and share your thoughts, it is so nice to have such sweet blog friends.  I wish you all God's blessings of good health and happiness in the year ahead.

Hugs,
Connie


3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I love the sweet kitty and I know your niece will, too! It's good to think of beautiful days in the middle of winter.

SarahGeorge said...

Very sweet card Connie :) Wishing you a very Happy New Year my friend :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Happy New Year Connie. What a sweet card. Great way of starting the new year. :) The tree is so pretty! The stripes look great on the kitty.