Friday, November 20, 2015

Birds on a limb

My girlfriend from church is a cook and baker and is so sweet, after we started the Daniel plan way of eating she has been trying different recipes and all natural foods for us to try, I would have to say her homemade applesauce was the best and she just gave us some apple butter that I can't wait to try at Thanksgiving.  This is the card I made for her.


I took the center heart from the bird house and put it onto the sign.  The leaves were cut out and applied to the top of the branch over the brown leaves background. The wings come out of the birds so I colored them with markers and glued them back onto the birds.

Spellbinders -- Out on a limb die
Poppystamps -- Stitched Landscapes die
Stamps of life -- Minis 4 circles sentiment stamp
Bazzill Brads

Another week is over and it always makes me sad when Thanksgiving is over because that is when I feel Autumn is officially over.

Hope your enjoying a good week.
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and your sweet comments, I really do appreciate hearing from you,

Connie

11 comments:

Roosterhead Designs said...

So completely adorable Connie!! such a sweet and lovely card~
(My sister and daughter both have done the "Daniel fast" - wondering if it's the same principle?) Well enjoy your week end and don't be to sad about loosing Autumn, as God has many beauties ahead yet! : ) Hugs to you, Karen O

Stephanie said...

This card is simply precious, my friend. As a bird lover this card is right up my alley :)

I know what you mean about autumn feeling like it's over after Thanksgiving. Although here in the mountains it feels like we only get one month of autumn-like weather and then it's winter for 6 months :)

Have a wonderful weekend, my friend. Hugs!

Christine said...

Its truly adorable Connie! The wee birds are so cute!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, I just love birds and know your friend is going to love this card! And how wonderful that you are both trying the Daniel Plan. I've heard good things about it. Yes, I know you will miss autumn and that it means winter is coming. Enjoy Thanksgiving, my friend, and just enjoy today! Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, that's so cute, Connie! I feel I'll miss autumn, too. We're racing into Christmas now, and it all goes by so fast. We have sunshine today and it would be nice to get out (wet, though), but Rich hurt his back and can't do much walking.

Debbie said...

it's a beautiful card connie, the perfect colors for this time of year!! your bird cards are always standouts for me, when you add hearts and bird houses it becomes a favorite. your friend is going to love it, especially because it is handmade!!!

Diane said...

Beautiful card design and fabulous bright colors Connie.

Hugs diane

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Such a sweet 'tweet' card, Connie! Home-made apple butter and sauce is the best! Autumn goes by so fast. Hopefully winter will, too! Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving! Hugs xo Karen

Linda Carson said...

Adorable! Your friend will love this autumn beauty! Homemade applesauce sounds so yummy! Enjoy your weekend!

Kat said...

I love apple butter, enjoy! what a sweet card. I love love birds. I like the way you put the pretty leaves and branches.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Hugs

Daniela said...

You're so lovely, darling Connie, and I'm sure you're surrounded by wonderful people appreciating your heart, it cannot be otherwise !
This card, so fabulous and original for its design and its colours, will make the joy of your girlfriend, without any doubt, sweetie,
thank you for sharing your Beauty, my lovable friend
sending blessings on your Sunday afternoon
with all my heart
Dany