Friday, November 13, 2015

Pretty Peonies and More Springfield

This one went out to my closest friend I had while living in England, and it is so great that we still keep in touch.


Wplus 9 -- Pretty Peonies stamp set
Spritzer tool for the splattered background
Distress ink for shading
Raspberry Road Designs -- paper from cardmaking and papercraft magazine
Stampendous -- Gem stickers
Spellbinders -- A2 scalloped borders two die

Well I didn't care for much of the other pictures I took inside the museum so I thought I would share some pictures we took of the capital building and the supreme court building that was across the street, I love old Architecture and these buildings were so pretty.

The statue out front is of Lincoln


I loved this shot with the tree even though you can't see much of the building


This one is the side of the building that you can't see very well from the road shots 


Here is another closeup view of the left side


Close up of the pillars, I don't know if you can see it or not but there was netting all over the front porch around the columns, all I could think is to keep the birds out from nesting underneath.


I just thought this tree had a cool shape to it


Supreme court building


I think I mentioned before I have a thing about lights and this had such a cool design to them I just had to get a closeup of them also.


Does anybody have plans for this weekend, this is the first in a long time we don't have plans but I am sure my hubby will think of something we have to get out and do, LOL.

Thankfully we had no damage in all the wind and storms that went through the other night, hope you all did as well.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

8 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, your card is just beautiful, Connie! So sweet with the pink and that pretty border. Just love the flowers! Also enjoyed your photos. Architecture is fascinating and I always tend to take a lot of photos of buildings, as well. You have been getting out a lot and that's a good thing. It's nice to stay home sometimes, but getting out makes staying home more enjoyable, too. Glad your windstorm wasn't too extreme!

Anonymous said...

Connie, your card is lovely. I love the lacy border and the shading in the flower.

And I love that tree! Looks like it wants to give you a hug!

Christine said...

I think the raspberry colour is so uplifting! & I love polka dots! It's great that you keep in touch with you friend from England.
I love architecture also so I have enjoyed seeing these photos of your visit to Springfield.
Have a fun weekend I'm babysitting!

Daniela said...

Oh, I truly love this card of yours, so refined and pretty, I'm sure your friend will appreciate it so much !
Your photos from Springfield are so charming, I wonder if one day I would visit it ...

Thank you darling Connie,
sending a big hug to you
Dany

Roosterhead Designs said...

Beautiful soft card Connie! Love the white 'lace' border. She will treasure it~ And the photo's are wonderful! What a great place to visit. Such stately buildings~ Hope your week-end is going well? Blessings, Karen O

Diane said...

Gorgeous stamped and colored design Connie. Gosh you took some awesome pictures.

Hugs Diane

Debbie said...

poppies are so meaningful this time of year, the card is pretty. i love your vacation images, i think they are lovely. we are trying to make a plan now for something fun to do today!!

have a wonderful weekend!!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Connie, it's such a treat to visit your blog and see the wonderful photographs! And I'm so thankful you didn't suffer any damage from the storm. I love your cards (anything with a flower just grabs me...hehe!), and I love the lacy border and always polka dots. What beautiful photographs of your time in Washington, DC. It's one of our favorite places, and I love the architecture as well. Such wonderful designs that show character and strength. May our country continue to show that. Thanks for sharing these. I so enjoyed viewing them larger and had my own slide show...ha! Loved it and love you, sweet friend! Hugs!