Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Rose Birthday

I tried a new technique to me for my nephew's fiance's birthday.  I found a video HERE on you tube that explains what I did, except I probably should have watched it before I did it myself because I did a few things different, I applied my sticker directly to the sticky tape and didn't hold it with the release paper while adding the glitter.  The actual demonstrations doesn't start until the 11:00 minute mark.  Also I didn't have a big piece of sticky paper like that so I put two pieces of my 2" scorpal tape together, as you can see not a great idea you can see the seam going down it.


I noticed she colored just like you do with a normal stamp, but I saw on other video's that you are not to color like that because it could mess up your marker tip, so they say to use an up and down motion just taping on color and it worked fine for me to do it that way and I was still able to do shading that way too.  I did not use a blender pen though, maybe will try that next time.  I just colored the middle of the sentiment tag with one of the colors I used for the rose.

Starform -- Outline stickers
Elizabeth Craft Design -- silk microfine glitter -- cool diamond
Scor tape
Damask Rose paper
Spellbinder -- Splendid Circles die
Taylored Expressions -- Many Mini's Occasions sentiment stamp
Lace

I am sharing my post today once again over at Stephanie's Roses of Inspiration Link up stop by and check out the posts.  Stephanie is also doing another tea cup exchange that you can sign up for, she always has something going on over at her blog.

We had a beautiful day yesterday after the little bit of rain in the morning so I headed out to do some yard work, even though my back is letting me know about it this morning it sure was nice to get outside and work in the yard, YAH!!! Spring is on it's way!!

Thanks so much once again for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

15 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Really lovely! I love how it looks like stained glass. You would not have noticed the line at all if you hadn't mentioned it, in face I had a hard time finding it at all. TFS!

Roosterhead Designs said...

Beautiful results Connie! I Love the look~ Karen O

Christine said...

You are so talented & all your cards are so professional & so, so pretty!
Have a lovely day!

handmade by amalia said...

This card looks like a stained glass window to me, Connie, so so pretty.
Amalia
xo

Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful card! It reminds me of stained glass too!

Debbie said...

the card is really beautiful, i love that you are always trying new techniques!!!!

it's warming up here, 76 forecasted for tomorrow!!! i did a little yard work also!!!!!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Superb work Connie, love it all, must try this, but really a you tube video should start before 11 min mark.
None but you will notice the tape. :D
Thanks so much for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Connie, just beautiful. What a pretty design like a stained glass window. Everything you do is incredible. I need to pin this one!!
Have a nice evening!! xo

Stephanie said...

This is such a beautiful and feminine card, my friend. And of course I especially love the roses and lace :)

Thank you for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Your presence at the party is always a delight. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

The lace add the perfect touch to your card!

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

Hi Connie, what a very pretty and dainty card.

Our weather here is warming up, it reached about 60 today so that was really nice and it's supposed to be warmer tomorrow. We figure that we'll get another big snowfall before it's over for the winter.

Enjoy your week, Kelly.

Nancy Chan said...

A beautiful birthday card! Love the lace.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, this is so gorgeous! That seam barely shows. I probably wouldn't even have noticed it. Such a pretty sticker! Wow! Beautifully put together. Love the pretty lace!

Ana Love Craft said...

So beautiful and delicate!
Hope you are having a lovely week!
Hugs and love from Portugal,
Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh Connie! This is GORGEOUS!!!