Thursday, February 7, 2019

New Baby

Our Church Music Director and His wife are having a baby boy very soon and we had a baby shower for them. This old stamp set I have had for years is usually my go to but I have never used this one out of the set before.  After coloring it I was trying to figure out what embellishments I could use with it and remembered I had a cattail die that would go with the ones in the stamp, after coloring them up I just wasn't sure about it but I was at the last minute making this so I just went with it.


Cornish Heritage Farms - Baby Dear stamp set, image and sentiment, colored w/ markers
Spellbinders - A2 matting basics A & B dies
Impression Obsession - Cat tails die, colored w/markers

Thanks for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

15 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What a cute baby card -- I love the cattail embellishments!

Diane said...

Connie, your music director and his wife will love this adorable design.

Hugs Diane

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I would venture to guess that they won’t get a more unique baby card than this one. I love the image, the dies and the saying. Really great.

Roosterhead Designs said...

Oh Connie it's beautiful! The cattails are perfect! love 'em~ Beautiful color-work too~ Hugs, karen o

Anonymous said...

Very cute, Connie! I love how you added the reeds to the card.

aussie aNNie said...

Most sweet card and gorgeous use of the cat tail die.xx

Debbie said...

this is such a sweet baby card connie, you matched everything up beautifully!!

Birgit said...

This is such a sweet baby card Connie! The cattails are the perfect combination with the image. I love that this is not a typical baby card. Just darling!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a sweet baby card Connie. That image is precious. The cattails are the perfect 'embellishments'.

Donna Ellis said...

How darling in the natural stork scene, and with the cat tails die cuts! Sweet, and so pretty! hugs, de

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

So sweet, Connie. A precious keepsake for the new little one. Hope you have a lovely weekend! Hugs xo Karen

Leslie Miller said...

Connie, I can't imagine a world where anyone would not think this card is absolutely the sweetest thing for a baby boy. Your cattail dies are perfect with it, and it's wonderful that it's not your everyday type baby card. I love it!

Kim said...

Love this baby boy card, Connie. I love the cattail on this card. It gives the card a refreshing look from what one usually sees around. Such a clever imagination you have.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Great combo Connie, love it , well done. I’m really slack at moment just get back to work, having a rest from cards this week!
Hugs Shaz in OzX

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
{Wonderful Words Of Life - Shaz in Oz}

Janice said...

A perfect die-cut to be added to your baby card :-)